PDA

View Full Version : Great people , great fun, and some really bad ass cars!!

PCHRODS
11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
We had an awesome time with our truck at the optima challenge. We finished 26th overall out of 52 cars. I don't feel bad about that at all!! There were some really outstanding rides out there. And for a truck we didnt do too bad!! I give a huge thanks to optima and fm3 for putting on an awesome event!! The entire day flowed quite smoothly, the entire optima team deserves a standing ovation for all their hard work as well as all the volunteers who stepped up to help out!!
We were honored to have been one of the chosen few to attend the OUSCI and hope that we represented our sponsors to our fullest ability! We went there with the intentions of having a great time and we left there achieving that and so much more! We met some really amazing people and made some great friends in the process!! I hope we receive the opportunity to participate next year!! Thanks again to everybody who had a hand in putting on such an awesome weekend!!!!

bosses son
11-08-2010, 10:33 AM
We had an awesome time with our truck at the optima challenge. We finished 26th overall out of 52 cars. I don't feel bad about that at all!! There were some really outstanding rides out there. And for a truck we didnt do too bad!! I give a huge thanks to optima and fm3 for putting on an awesome event!! The entire day flowed quite smoothly, the entire optima team deserves a standing ovation for all their hard work as well as all the volunteers who stepped up to help out!!
We were honored to have been one of the chosen few to attend the OUSCI and hope that we represented our sponsors to our fullest ability! We went there with the intentions of having a great time and we left there achieving that and so much more! We met some really amazing people and made some great friends in the process!! I hope we receive the opportunity to participate next year!! Thanks again to everybody who had a hand in putting on such an awesome weekend!!!!

Rob,
you could not have said it any better! This was by far one of the better run events that i have been to, hands down! To get that many cars through all the events that smoothly and an hour ahead of schedule was very impressive!

OPTIMA and FM3 get huge prop's in my book!
Volunteers, thank you so much for keeping everyone on task and the events running smooth. You guys did a great job!

We were extremely happy with how the wagon did. 7th overall in the auto cross blew us away, I never thought that the old grocery getter would stand up and come through against all the talented drivers and AMAZING machinery that was there. Im not sure how we ended up on the road course, the old wagon could use a little more poop under the hood, but with that said it was a whole lot of fun! We probably should have measured the Start Stop Challenge in hours in stead of seconds..... but i was a lot of fun to watch everyone else rip it up!

I am blown away by the generosity and great people that we keep meeting at these events. This truly is an awesome community of like minded people who share a common passion of USING their cars to the fullest.

All in all i could not be happier with how the wagon did. To be able to drive the car from central California their and back with no issues and beat the tar out of it in the middle is a true testament of what Pro-Touring is all about! I cant wait for the next event!!!

some pictures of the day at the track
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd205/orangerider06/2010%20OUSCI/

CarlC
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm with Rob and Kyle. A superbly organized event with a bunch of volunteers that worked all day so the participants could have fun. What a bunch of great people we have here!

dogz67chevelle
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I just want to say, that as a volunteer working the event, it was total joy to be out there watching everyone enjoy their cars to the fullest. I had the best time ever! Thanks to everyone lucky enough to participate, and to Optima and Jimi for putting the event on.

deanna

Badger
11-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Couldn't say it any better either! What a fantastic time!! I met some great people and had an absolute great time. This year's event ran so smoothly compared to last year's and just keeps getting better.

It was the first time running the GTO with it's new engine, but it ran great. I was able to drive out from Wisconsin, beat on it and then drive right back. Looking to put the Goat on a diet this winter, some tweaks to the suspension and maybe the engine too.

Thanks again to everyone involved and it was a pleasure meeting everyone I did!!!

bosses son
11-09-2010, 10:29 AM
here is some in car footage from our day in the wagon! I cant believe we got 19th over all, i was not expecting our under powered wagon to do so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=901FJ09piyA

PCHRODS
11-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Kyle, Your wagon may be a bit underpowered for that big sled, but one thing is for sure that big tin box handles like a slot car!! You did great at Optima, the competition at OUSCI was stiff, i will tell you that for sure!! The cars there were amazing, some of the finest pieces of machinery i've ever seen, and for you to finish in the top 20, well that's just damn impressive!! I was blown away that we nailed a 3 way tie for 26th with our light as a dump truck racer!! it was a blast hanging out with you guys all weekend!! Fremont street....hmmmm...........yeah i think i got my fill of Crazy people til next year!! Nothing beats the 5 foot tall Kiss wannabe's on a 8" platforms!! This weekend is going to be a blast that's for sure, we'll see ya saturday morning!!

Chucks73
11-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I was one of the lucky ones that attended. Here are my pictures.

http://imageevent.com/chucks87/optima2010

Badger
11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Nice pics, thx!!

CarlC
11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Good times Rob! We're working on another track day. It may be something around Dec. 4.

Flash68
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Loved your truck Rob. Impressive finish for that big ole beast!

PCHRODS
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Carl- let me know on the track day! Would love to come out! My cell is in that email I sent you for the OUSCI track info.

PCHRODS
11-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Loved your truck Rob. Impressive finish for that big ole beast!

I was real happy with the results, a 3-way tie for 26th?!? OUSCI was our first time on a road course ever, so admittingly I can say I was a little terrified! But the truck held it's own for a 4280 lb monster! We had the best time out there and hope we get the opportunity to so it again! Now that I have the bug for the big courses along with the bug I already have for the auto x courses, needless to say "fatboy" is going on a diet big time with a few performance enhancing upgrades to hopefully move us up in the playing field! ;)

Steve1968LS2
11-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Great seeing you and that's a bad ass truck you have there!