PDA

View Full Version : Spectra FI Gas Tank fuel gauge help 6.0 Swap Fuel injection

s4dustin
11-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Where can I start....I am so damn frustrated with this damn gas tank. FYI, according to Rock Auto it is no longer available.

So it works fine, but, my Autometer guage read FULL all the time. So i dropped the tank, pulled out the sending unit and the issue was that the floater spring was so damn tight that it would stick no mater where you put it. A little finesse and it worked fine (outside of tank). So, the solder that held the main and return line, which they used sparingly, was not holding the lines in place which allowed for gas and fumes to escape. So, re-soldered that. Put it back in and filled the tank, now, it is the Auto Meter Ultra lite II gauge reads 2mm above Epmty. It moves, but only to empty. HELP!

Yes, if it was in the budget, I would have bought a Rick's, but it wasnt. What the hell is going on!

Please advise. If I can get this fixed, all my guages are done and I get to move on.
Is it possible I got a wire crossed?

Please help!

MrQuick
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM
spectre tank sender used a 0-105 ohm sending unit. check with auto meter for the proper gauge to use.

s4dustin
11-07-2010, 02:24 PM
I believe it is 0-90 ohm. Please advise..

So frustrated. So close.

MrQuick
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.tanks-to-pans.com/site/823208/product/GM32AFI

if you look at the spec sheet its 0-105 ohm. there was a few threads about it here.