PDA

View Full Version : GMP Pro-Touring Camaro Diecast - good news, and bad news

JohnnyGMachine
05-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey Guys,

Well how about the bad news first, The 1:18 scale GMP 1969 Camaro Street Fighter has officially sold out as far as the pre-ordering goes. The good news is that a few of our dealers ordered quite a good bit of there are still some available. If you cannot locate one of our dealers in your area we can help you locate a model if you wanted one but haven't ordered yours yet.
I'm very excited and this program has proven very successful and we will definitely continue our Street Fighter Series of Pro-Touring Diecast. Stay tuned! Again thanks Larry Callahan and everyone on here who's helped me out with this project!

JamesD
05-26-2005, 11:39 AM
If it'll help anyone out I've seen some for sale on ebay.

Steve1968LS2
05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey it was good to meet you at the Hershey show.. be sure to keep me in the loop for future stuff :)

Oh and guys.. I saw the orange 68 in person and lets just say that the pics don't do it justice, very detailed..

JohnnyGMachine
05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey Steve,

It was great to meet you too, I appreciate you stopping by the GMP trailer. Since I was out of the office for 4 days I'm slammed with work. I'd like to give you a call either tomorrow or Tuesday to throw a couple ideas at you as far as the diecast stuff goes.
I've already got about 80% of the details worked out for the next Street Fighter. I'll let one detail out of the bag for now but since we also offer a 1969 Camaro T/A car it's only natural to do that as the next offering. So the second Street Fighter will be a 1969 Camaro and it will be a big block car. That's all I can leak for now. As soon as my night time design schedule gets even a glimpse of a break I will be doing a rendering of it. It won't be offered until sometime in early 2006 so if you want a street fighter find the '68 "Tangerscream" one at your local diecast shop. As another tease, I've actually photoshopped a photo of our '69 exactly as it will look when produced, it almost looks like the final production model in the photo.
Anyways, Steve I'll call you in within the next couple days and maybe we can work something out with you guys to do a "sneak peak" or something in the mag. I can also still send you a hi-res photo if you like to use for whatever you're thinkin' because there are still I figure about 50% of these models available for collectors to purchase through one of our dealers.

Thanks,
John

Larry Callahan
05-26-2005, 09:14 PM
I can't wait to get mine. I ordered 2 today when there were just 14 left. Phewww!!!

OHCbird
05-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Johnny-

Any idea when we'll start seeing them?

JohnnyGMachine
05-27-2005, 04:55 AM
The 1000 Street Fighter models will arrive here at our warehouse on June 4th. We will also start shipping them that day. So collectors should be getting them in their hands by the second week of June.

John

TonyHuntimer
05-27-2005, 07:14 AM
There was three left when I ordered mine. I left one for the last guy. :)

I can't wait to get mine! They are the slow boat from Connecticut.

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

Blitz
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm glad to hear that the Street Fighter is already a success. I thought I was the only one that wanted two. Hahaha. Can't wait for the next one either. As far as my guess on the next version, the 69 was my 3rd choice. 1st choice was a Pontiac and my second choice was a Sneak Peek car in Tom's Garage. Can't wait to get the 68 though!

Blitz
06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Only a few days away. :fingersx: