PDA

View Full Version : Tubular Upper Control Arms - Opinions?

MrAngry
05-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Hi guys -

I needs some opinions here. I have a 1968 Dodge Charger that is currently running 17x9s up front and 18x10s in the rear. The cars is lowered about 3" in the front my torsion bars. The way the car sits now I am having a camber problem. The inner portion of the tire is wearing fast than the outter. I have search for a solution and think I may have found it by using a Tubular upper control arm.

http://www.magnumforceracing.com/magnumforce_tubular_control_arms.htm

According the site this will help out with my little problem. Anyone have experience with these? Pro's / Con's etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - MrAngry

Mean 69
05-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Hmm, they look pretty good. I applaud them for not powder coating the arms, by painting them to resist corrosion, you inspect them easily for cracks (powder coating hides fatigue cracks). I can't offer specifics on how they will help the alignment, but it sounds like they have addressed it so it should be a step in the right direction. I'd stay away from the poly units, you will hate the bushings. With the rod ended units, you can expect more vibration being transmitted into the frame, but it won't be horrible.

For the price, you can't beat them, I'd give them a try.

Mark