PDA

View Full Version : 65 galaxy

todd8541
05-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Anyone know anything about the Front suspension design of the 65 galaxy? Also any pics of the suspension?

thanks
Todd

todd8541
05-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Guys
The reason I am asking is because in a 2000 or so circle track mag it talks about a old ct car built using the 65 galaxy spindle and a few other components also with a think link with the top bars parrallel and the bottom bar being a triangulated piece. I forget the exact name of the suspension. He is still using the car to win races even though the car was designed and built in the early 70's. I would like to learn more about that suspension because I am thinking about duplicating or modifiing to my needs on a new project. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

bnickel
06-02-2005, 01:40 PM
nascar still uses the same basic suspension today, of course it's all tubular parts but the basic design is still used. at least it was within the last few years, i haven't realy kept up with it too much lately but i seriously doubt that they changed it much other than some tweaking. son't have a bunch more to add but at least that will give you some sort of a starting point