PDA

View Full Version : Another RRC question

wendell
05-25-2005, 06:01 AM
Didn't want to jump on AMCracer's post.

I'm helping a buddy prep his 68 camaro T/A car for limerock this weekend. I'm pretty fired up. This car went wheel to wheel with the badest T/As ever (Penske, Chaparal, Yunick...) Any ways, I want to get a lot of the dumb questions over with now.
What determines the rear roll center on a leaf spring/ panhard bar system?
Thanks

Mean 69
05-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Good question! They both do, unfortunately. I'd do some investigating at the ttrack on the other cars that run them, they are very popular of the cars of that era. Theory would suggest that you'd want to find the roll center for the leafs, and then position the PHB as close to that height as possible to prevent bind/battling between the two. PAI runs a Watt's on his car, frame mounted, but I don't remember where the bellcrank is positioned.

Any pic's of the car? I LOVE those vintage T/A cars, some of them were really inventive back then too.

Mark

wendell
05-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks, thats about what I figured. Most of the other cars seem to have the panhard pretty low. Seems like the distance between the spring defined and pbar defined RC would increase roll stiffness regardless of axis defined. It would be cool to hear what PAI has to say...

I've got some pics but I'll have to ask before I post them. I will make it a point to get a bunch of pics in the padock this weekend.

vanzuuk1
05-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Wendell I was told that limerocks promoter didnt invite the trans am cars this year, are you saying they will be there? That sucks, i will be away this weekend.

Take photos and post them when you get back, thanks.