PDA

View Full Version : Fuel for twin turbos

DButler
10-15-2010, 07:52 AM
I am running twin 57mm turbos on a 355 sbc. I am running a blow thru carb setup. My fuel system consisst of a bg400 fuel pump, aeromotive boost referenced regulator. I am sunning -10 lines to the front and returning with the same. I sumped my oringinal tank and returning to the top. The carb was done by the carb shop, it has boost referneced power valves, annular boosters and all the mods to make it work. My question is concerning the pump. I dont seem to like the gb pump. I can't get it over 15psi and it is rated for up to 30 psi. I need to get this up because I wanna run 10psi of boost. I know the a1000 pump is probably the way to go, but I have seen somethings on some external bosch pumps that are good or maybe a walbro or weldon. Any recommendations, would like to cut back on pump noise as much as possible and something that will be good for street use. I should have bout 550 rwp. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

exwestracer
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
You shouldn't need over 6-7lb of differential (above boost) fuel pressure. Keep in mind if the regulator is boost referenced, you are setting differential pressure, so it won't go up until you build boost. If you are adjusting pressure with the engine off, it probably won't go past 15 psi. Try deadheading the fuel pump with a gauge and no regulator, and see what the max output pressure is.

DButler
10-15-2010, 10:40 AM
OK I will try that. Are the BG400 good for street use?

exwestracer
10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
OK I will try that. Are the BG400 good for street use?

Sure.

DButler
10-20-2010, 06:07 AM
I have decided to go over to an A1000. I bought one yesterday and will be installing it this weekend. I think this will help out alot. Thanks