PDA

View Full Version : Newb here from LI, NY..

MrAngry
05-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi guys -

Just kinda' stumbled across this site and it seems like a good place to be and ask some questions. I currently have a 1968 Dodge Charger that is currently going through some pro-touring esq. modifications. The car is in perfect running and driving order as is, I really just want it to handle and stop a bit better. If anyone would like specifics on what has been done just let me know and I'll be more than happy to reply.

Cheers - MrAngry

Quick edit here: Aside from cars I have been a motorcycle guy for the last 15 years, done some roadracing and stuff, so if anyone has any bike related questions just feel free to ask.

Ralph LoGrasso
05-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the site. Bitchin' Charger!! Where on LI are you located? There are a few LI'ers on the site.

MrAngry
05-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the Charger - I'm actually from Port Jefferson but currently reside in Queens. I will actually be at Bald Hill tomorrow evening if the weather holds out. Where is everyone else from.

vanzuuk1
05-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Mr angry Welcome i used to race rd400s at loudon way back in the stone age, love to see chargers done up. June fourth weekend I want to hit the cruise/show at the old oak beach inn on L.I. Let me know if you go to any shows in westchester county.
p.s. did you know Jim lester?

MrAngry
05-23-2005, 04:20 PM
vanzuuk1 -

RD400s huh... wicked little machines... I ran a buddies Aprilia RS250 a few times which was a riot. Basically though just stuck the big twins - I ran a 996 for awhile then an RSV Mille which I really loved. Then I crashed, had my shoulder rebuilt and thought I would devote all my extra time to the Charger. I will absolutely go to the old oak beach inn on L.I. June 4th weekend - just shoot me an email.

We are actually (weather permitting) taking the Charger up to Musclepalooza this weekend - should be about a 3 hour ride. It is sponsored by Hemmings is located up at Lebanon Valley Raceway somewhat up north. We have a small caravan heading up from LI so let me know if your interested.

Is there a section for members rides - I would love to see what everyone else has done to their cars.

Cheers -

MrAngry

vanzuuk1
05-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Mr Angry I cant make it this weekend I am getting married , its funny you will drive right by my house on your way to lebanon.

vanzuuk1
05-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Also did you know Jim Lester? He raced for years,mostly 600/750 class.Jim has passed but I see mike gage all the time, he rode a lot of triumphs.

Bill Howell
05-23-2005, 04:57 PM
vanzuuk1 -

RD400s huh... wicked little machines... I ran a buddies Aprilia RS250 a few times which was a riot. Basically though just stuck the big twins - I ran a 996 for awhile then an RSV Mille which I really loved. Then I crashed, had my shoulder rebuilt and thought I would devote all my extra time to the Charger. I will absolutely go to the old oak beach inn on L.I. June 4th weekend - just shoot me an email.

We are actually (weather permitting) taking the Charger up to Musclepalooza this weekend - should be about a 3 hour ride. It is sponsored by Hemmings is located up at Lebanon Valley Raceway somewhat up north. We have a small caravan heading up from LI so let me know if your interested.

Is there a section for members rides - I would love to see what everyone else has done to their cars.

Cheers -

MrAngry

Welcome aboard Mr Angry,
Oh and smile some...
All members have a vbgarage and many use it to show their car. there is also a car section on the top of the main page that was the old way of displaying cars. Both are fun to go thru.
Big twins hey, as in HD's? Not protouring but certainly another hobby of mine too. I live about 45 minutes from the "dragon" here in east Tennessee. Ever been on it? It is a blast, even for fat old men on dressers....

Ralph LoGrasso
05-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the Charger - I'm actually from Port Jefferson but currently reside in Queens. I will actually be at Bald Hill tomorrow evening if the weather holds out. Where is everyone else from.

I live out in Smithtown, where in Queens are you? My Dad works in queens. I'm not sure if I'll be at bald hill tomorrow, I haven't gone yet this season. Good turnouts so far?

TPI Monte SS
05-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Welcome aboard, Mr. Angry. You have a beautiful Charger; the wheels and stance are perfect! It's nice to see another semi-local Forum member. I'm over in Bergen County, just across the GWB. I'm gonna trek across for as many of the Sunday AM gatherings as I can. Hope to see you and your car soon!

vanzuuk1
05-24-2005, 02:11 AM
Mr Angry, I just saw the pic of your car, very very nice.

Bill , all due respect , not many harleys road race, since the factory harley team abandoned their v-rod program due to lack of results all you see is an occasional buell in the twins class.

Steve Chryssos
05-24-2005, 05:11 AM
Welcome Mr. Angry. Checking in from eastern Long Island. East Quogue, NY.

I'm very pleased to see the growth of Pro-Touring in the northeast. It must be time to get organized.

69rs
05-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Welcome! Nice Charger!

Bill-I've tamed the dragon! I rode for about 15 years but sold my last bike (CBR600) a few years ago.

MrAngry
05-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Thanks for all the kind replys. So far I have not been to Bald Hill yet this year and tonight looks as though it is going to be a washout. As for the Dragon - its something that I have always wanted to do but have yet too. I'm sure I'll make down there eventually.

Vanzuuk - unfortunately I never met a Jim Lester, but congradulations on your up coming marriage - I took the plunge last October and couldn't be happier. I would love to meet and see some of the members and their cars in person - has this forum ever had a gathering?

Anyway, I'll do my best to add as much as I can to the forum as it seems like a very nice place to hang out.

Cheers -

Travis B
05-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Killer Charger
Those are intros aren't they! NICE CAR

Oh and Welcome to the site

sunkistcamaro
05-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the site!

Piet
05-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Welcome, Nice to see the Mopars coming out!
That Charger rocks!... beautiful!

vanzuuk1
05-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Steve c. If you can mobilize some guys to meet sunday june fourth at the OBI lot I am in! I will be away (marriage/honeymoon) but if you spread the word I will take the ride. Mr Angry, bring that angry charger.Look for me I will be the guy with the sunburn.