PDA

View Full Version : Battery tender. Do they work?

LowBuckX
05-23-2005, 09:21 AM
My dads lexus sits alot and he has gone through 2 batterys in 2 years. For his Birthday i was thinking of getting him a BATTERY TENDER JR but never heard anything good or bad about them.
Anyone have one? Does it work as promised.

He also had a 93 Lumina before this that sat alot and did the same thing. Is this common with newer cars?

Larry Callahan
05-23-2005, 09:49 AM
They are a great thing. In fact, I think I have bought several of them over the years. I bought one for myself then I loaned it to a friend. It worked so well I told him to keep it for x-mas or something like that. Then, I bought another one for myself. I think I've done that like 2 or 3 times. lol! I have one hooked to my wifes Porsche that she only drives 2 or 3 times a year and it works great!

My only recomendation is to step up one larger then the JR. This way if you start with a dead battery it will charge it in a few days.

ProTeal55
05-23-2005, 12:57 PM
The Battery Tender line of products are great ! I have used them on all my toys ...

zbugger
05-23-2005, 02:44 PM
It's basically a trickle charger. They are great for keeping a battery charged. And they are worth every penny.