PDA

View Full Version : What length A arm should I buy?

rockenator
10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't have access to a good way to figure this out so I thought I try asking here.

I'm rebuilding the suspension on my Sonoma and while replacing the ball joints I'd like to gain some performance. I can rebuild it with stock height parts but would like to experiment some to see if I can make this truck a bit more fun to drive. So I ordered some tall upper and lower ball joints. Real question is what will this do the upper arm length required. I'd love to spend the money on adjustable arms but can't really justify spending the extra money on my daily driver...

Looking at various sources on the internet (buyer beware I know) I can buy fixed length arms for 150 vs 600. I don't care about shims I just want to get the right length arm that will be as close as practical.

I want a shorter arm right? How much shorter? What is the stock length even? I did swap over to 2wd Blazer spindles and LS1 brakes.

Thanks for helping a newb out.

ArtosDracon
10-05-2010, 02:41 PM
You'll need 8" upper arms. Check out speedway motorsports, in the circle track section, they have complete arms for $50-60 each. You'll need a pair of left arms, and I suggest a steel or chromoly shaft, not the aluminum one for a DD or even a regularly driven truck, weekend fun only, the aluminum should be fine.

rockenator
10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Kick butt! Thanks for the reply