PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen camaro coil over

67 ls1 vert
09-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Looking at doing something different on my front end. Called C-A about the Chassisworks coil over Veri shock set up. Im using stock lower control arms with delrin bushings and SPC adjustable upper control arms and ATS spindles.

http://www.cachassisworks.com/Attachments/CatPages/CAC/CAC0104.pdf

I have the G-bar rear with Veri shock and thought I would match the rear.

Has anyone used these on the front of their 1st gen Camaro?

How did you like it?
Any thoughts on different set ups?
Not looking to spend huge money. I know there will be some cost but just because you aren't buying the parts don't recommend the most expensive. :)

I'm building this car to have fun at the auto cross tracks and enjoy as a driver.

L & H Kustoms
09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
The CA Varishock coilovers for GM cars work great. I have used them on a few builds 1 was a 68 camaro and sold quite a few to board members. They work nicely as the upper stud is on a pivot ball which keeps the shock and spring on the same plane during suspension travel unlike the QA1 coilovers which tend to bind and cause the shock to bend and begin leaking. I am a dealer for Varishock PM me for a price if your interested.

Turbo67camaro
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
The only concern I've read about on a 1st gen Camaro with that type of coil over is putting all that weight on a such a small mounting point. I read that some people with that type of setup actually tore the mount off the subframe. I'm assuming they were pushing the car hard when they did.

For that reason, I went with a set of Eibach springs and a set of Bilstein shocks. That said, part of me wishes that I went the coil over route and beefed up the shock mount brackets. My car is not finished yet, so I may have a less than fun time getting my ride height where I want it.

67 ls1 vert
09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Doesn't seem like to many people have this set up for some reason???

Anyone?