PDA

View Full Version : 67 + Billet Hood Hinges + Hotchkis Handlebar = :(

AintQik
09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
No real worry, but for those of you wondering the Hotchkis handlebar will not fit with billet hood hinges. The struts hit the bar where it ties into the firewall. Kinda figured this going in. Last night I notched and cut to get them to clear. Cut em up and reweld them and you'll be good to go. For reference I just wanted to throw that out there in case anybody cared.

rj

MuscleRodz
09-27-2010, 11:01 AM
No real worry, but for those of you wondering the Hotchkis handlebar will not fit with billet hood hinges. The struts hit the bar where it ties into the firewall. Kinda figured this going in. Last night I notched and cut to get them to clear. Cut em up and reweld them and you'll be good to go. For reference I just wanted to throw that out there in case anybody cared.

rjwhose hinges? strut placement varies between a couple manufacturers and may or may not clear

John Wright
09-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Post up a pic of what you had to do to get them to clear,...if you get a chance. Would like to see just out of curiosity.

AintQik
09-27-2010, 11:56 AM
That's a good point Mike. The body shop put them on there as a surprise to me so I'm not sure. They aren't marked. The strut is a Lucas.

I ground a notch out on the fender side where the strut rode. Also had to clear a bit off the underside where the strut rod travel was hanging up on the brace. I'll see if I can get some pics up.