PDA

View Full Version : Upper coil over mount

paint2361
09-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Do any of these aftermarket suspension companies have a nice bolt on or weld in rear coil over upper mount/crossmember for first gen camaros?

67zo6Camaro
09-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Some do offer separate components that you can purchase and install. Exp. Chris Alston, Stock Car Performance...I think it's known as "SCP". Anyway, the rear coil over mount can be made with a cross bar and some tabs. Also ck Summit for some of the universal kits. But to be honest, you should be able to make your own. I did. It gives you more flexibility on placement for coil-overs and/or panhard bar.

Brett

paint2361
09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks buddy! I'm goin to make one myself. I just like looking around for ideas. Did u double sheer your upper coil over mounts?

67zo6Camaro
09-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I used 3/16 plate up along the inside of the existing frame rail and allowed it to rise above the existing frame height. The extra height is needed for the the length of the coil over, which can vary depending on the mounting on the axel and/or the manufacture. Then I used a 1 1/2 inch .120 wall dom round tube cross over, or use .083 4130 to put your coil over brackets on. The 3/16 plate is gusseted on the back side toward the inside of the trunk and the plate also allowed for a strong mounting point for the panhard bar. I can help you with the design if needed....wait don't you have access to Berry. Lol.

paint2361
09-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks buddy, that's what I was planning. I've seen a lot of people single shear the lower coil over mounts. Was wondering your thoughts on that. And if it could be done on the upper mounts too...