PDA

View Full Version : Global West vs. Ridetech vs. TCP vs. FatmanFab

mtdubvee
09-23-2010, 05:25 AM
hello everyone,

I am building a 1967 mustang fastback project and I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of each front suspension system so I can go ahead and buy one. I have it narrowed down to four choices.

Global West, Air Ride Strong arms with coilovers, TCP, or Fatman Fabrications.

I am looking for any good input from someone that has used, or has experience with these kits. I like the global west kit because you can get a matching monte carlo bar, export brace etc all from the same company. But Im mostly worried about performance.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Oh gonna be running a 18x8 or 18.5 in the front.

Thanks,
Matt

ProdigyCustoms
09-23-2010, 09:52 AM
I have used plenty of Global West and Ride Tech and TCP product. You cannot go wrong with either one.

The TCP stuff is a little higher end then the other 2 and more of a conversion, and more money too

We do not sell the Fatman products you mention. We only sell what we install.

You are free to call and discuss.

MCB Matt
09-23-2010, 09:56 AM
We offer global and ridetech it jus depends on what you want for adjustability. I sell a LOT of global, we have no issues with their parts, i think thats the best choice on an average budget and if you don't need ride height adjustment on the fly no reason to bag it.

Matt

Coupe
09-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Im in the same boat with my 65FB. I am thinking that I would prefer a coil over mounted to the lower control arm over one mounted to the upper arm. Maybe some guys here can justify that for me?

MCB Matt
09-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Based on all the features of the global kit:

No Cutting on the towers
Del-A-Lum's in the uppers and spherical lowers with teflon
Eccentric lockout kits to eliminate the lower cam bolts
Billet upper mounts, ect...

You can't go wrong for the $$ with our discounted prices!

PM if you want to discuss pricing and avail. We are a factory authorized dealer for Global!

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
09-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Im in the same boat with my 65FB. I am thinking that I would prefer a coil over mounted to the lower control arm over one mounted to the upper arm. Maybe some guys here can justify that for me?

The Global West Kit is a lower control arm mounted coil over conversion.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Coupe
09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Anybody here sell much TCP? I like the built in Arning drop and adjustable uppers that do away with the shims on a 65...

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/FCOCFD_front_wide_ID-1.jpg

ProdigyCustoms
09-23-2010, 12:19 PM
We do, one of Chris Alston's (TCP) top 5 dealers this year.

mtdubvee
09-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys for the replies. I think Im leaning towards the global west system because I like the setup, and I also like their export brace and monte carlo bar for the engine bay.

What type of rack and pinion would work well with the global kit that's not a crap ton of $$$. Im gonna be going with a tilt wheel as well with a 427 FE engine. Also, spindle suggestions? Would I need a drop spindle or stock with an 18" rim

Thank for the input,

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
09-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, the TCP rack system is simply the best and really the only rack system I would use on a car of my own, but it is expensive. I have other brands in my product line but really only want to sell the TCP kit in this application.

The tilt wheel and connections are pretty easy for us. We have IDidIt and Flaming River

I would not do a drop spindle, your stock spindle is designed to work with either system.

18" wheels, no problem

Bryce
09-23-2010, 08:04 PM
TCP rack is the best. I have it in my 65 mustang.