PDA

View Full Version : Frame and Suspension Choices

6'9"Witha69
05-19-2005, 03:04 PM
So the question is, which is the better route to go?

There are many ways to build up a front subframe for my 69 Camaro and I need some advice on which way to go. My considerations are:

1. Chris Alstons Complete subframe kit
2. Fat Man Fabrications "No Fab" Subframe
3. My stock Powdercoated frame with Global West, Unisteer (Maybe), and QA-1 all over.

Is the Suspension geometry on the Chassisworks and Fat Man frames good. Is it better than stock + Global West?

makoshark
05-19-2005, 03:36 PM
First ask yourself what you plan to do with the car. How are you going to use it? Once you have decided on the route you want to go on the car, then click on the search button on this section and all of the answers for your questions are there waiting to be tapped into.

baz67
05-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Take makos suggestion and research the hell out of it. I am upgrading my stock sub.

To answer your direct question. I would tend to think that a properly modified stock will outperform any aftermarket subframe. Yes, even Due's. Until someone can measure all of the aftermarket frames it is still an educated guess on my part. The two frames you mentiond look more for the streed rod/pro street guys. For them they will do a fine job. Front geometry has a higher premium in a pro-touring application. That is where a properly modified stock sub will be better.

nancejd
05-19-2005, 04:29 PM
You know what we need is a consumer reports for aftermarket parts. No advertising accepted, paid for entirely by the subscribers, and the resale of the used parts on ebay.

6'9"Witha69
05-20-2005, 10:01 AM
then click on the search button on this section and all of the answers for your questions are there waiting to be tapped into.

Leave it to the FNG to just ask a question and not see if the topic has been covered. Thanks.

The two frames you mentiond look more for the streed rod/pro street guys.

This is what I was thinking and sort of why I asked the question. Thanks.

I think someone needs to make a new tubular, lighter weight frame which bolts up stock parts and not just that company's pieces. Then people could have the best of both worlds.