PDA

View Full Version : ProTouring in SLC?

garner67
09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Any ProTouring folks in Salt Lake City?

I'm in the process of moving from the SF Bay area to Salt Lake City, and it's going to be a big change from Cali, but I'm excited about it. Besides all the amazing outdoor activities here in SLC, the Miller Motorsports track facility is suppose to be world class, too. If there are any ProTouring SLC locals with tips and/or recommendations for the area, please let me know... especially if you know someone who might be interested in renting some shop space for my car(s) & tools. ;)

If you haven't seen the facility, check out their site: Miller Motorsports (http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/explore/facility/track/)

garner67
10-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Well, it looks like I'm all alone here in SLC, UT.

Maybe I'll run into some of the PT crowd at Reno's Hot Aug Nights, or a trip to SEMA one year. Or, now that the Bonneville Salt Flats are just a couple hours away from me, maybe I'll check out Speed Week next year. (I know this has nothing to do with the PT scene, but I've always wanted to see a 300mph+ car in action!!!)

BumpaD_Z28
10-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Well I'm a couple hours away in Logan ;)

~DaVe

Bryce
10-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Garner,

Check out Marshalls industrial hardware, I think they are off california avenue. All the fasteners and plumbing fitting and electrical parts to build a car. Thats why I work at the one in san diego part time!

tintman
10-21-2010, 06:03 AM
I am in Orem about 30 min from SLC. Are you living in actual SLC or a surrounding city. Check out utahstangs.orgpeople on it were getting together for a community shop for car storage. Good luck with the move. I moved up from the bay area in high school so its been a while but I learned to love it here. Jake

garner67
10-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the replies, Guys.

That hardware store looks amazing! I'll definitely have to check that place out in person.

Tintman, I still haven't settled into a permanent place in SLC yet. I'm renting a temporary place from a friend in Sandy, UT. My job is in downtown SLC, so I'd like to find a place in the Sugarhouse, Millcreek or Holladay area. We just need to sell our house in CA first.

I'll definitely check with the UtahStangs group. From what I can tell, I believe they're mostly late model cars, but that's fine with me.

If there are any specific shows and/or car events attending in these parts, let me know.

cheers.

00vetter
12-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Check out Absolute Performance at 8800 S State. Karl does new and old rods, and is one of the best anywhere. There are a few of us in the SL valley, but the roads (driveway dips!!) are not built for our cars! I have been out to Miller several times (00 Corvette) and there are a couple of gen-1 mustangs that do open track days. I will have my Camaro out there when it hits the road again.

Good luck!