PDA

View Full Version : Whos got a 2nd gen with an art morrison frame?

ls173camaro
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Trying to find out if there is any trans tunnel mods that have to be done when running a ls1 and t56. I call art morrison today and they said they were not sure. My nexted call will be Prodigy Customs to see what they have seen. Plus thats were i plan to order it from anyway. Also looking to run C6 corvette Z06 wheels. They said to run a 10" rim you need 7 1/4" of back space. So saids like that should work. Anyone with any experiance would be a great help. Thanks Bill

silver69camaro
09-14-2010, 12:41 PM
It really depends on your engine/trans combo. Basically whatever you would need to do with a stock subframe, you'd need to do with ours.

Ishmael
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the beauty of this site.

carbuff
09-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Matt,

Since I'm considering the same setup in a second gen, I'll ask this here.

Can/will you guys build this unit without the trahsmission crossmember with the exhaust cutouts? ie: either a crossmember that extends all the way to the rails with a different mount on the rail, or perhaps without one completely? Those cutouts may not work for all header combinations, and could actually be a hindrance in my case.

Thanx!

hotrdblder
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
generally if you want engine near firewall in a 2nd gen you have to cut and raise tunnel alittle. the tunnel gets narrow fairly quick. if ls engine is placed in stock location you MAY be able to get away with no mods, but if you move it back close to firewall, you will need to raise it
jake
www.jakesrodshop.com

ProdigyCustoms
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
With a T56 magnum you will cut the floor a little bit. Cut a little, cut a lot, same thing. It is nothing you will notice once the interior is in, but the T56 Magnum are bulky.

silver69camaro
09-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Can/will you guys build this unit without the trahsmission crossmember with the exhaust cutouts? ie: either a crossmember that extends all the way to the rails with a different mount on the rail, or perhaps without one completely? Those cutouts may not work for all header combinations, and could actually be a hindrance in my case.

Thanx!

What we could probably do is tack-weld (or leave out, not sure) the current crossmember/exhaust cutout brackets, and supply you with a more "universal" mounting kit that we sell.

The cutouts typically only work for our headers only, since most off the shelf headers don't allow for steering shaft clearance.

ls173camaro
09-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Jake does the tunnel need to be raised when running your subframe? Ive looked at yours as well but i didnt know if the frame could be bought bare. I already have all the C6 stuff.

Frank just to clearify the motor and trans are a LS1 and t56 out of a 2002 camaro. Its all stock. I still have to call you. I just got the ok from the boss whats a good time.

And so everyone nows I have the BRP earlier kit and I knoched the frame for the a/c. The trans does fit but it is very thight. I just wasnt sure if some clearance was gained because the motor was mounted lower in the frame. Also does anyone know if a C6 Z06 or ZR1 rim and tire will fit. I know it did on Jackass.
Thanks everyone Bill

ProdigyCustoms
09-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Tonight between 8PM and midnight eastern will be perfect as I will be driving to Pigeon Forge and board as hell!