PDA

View Full Version : Spindle Help

COPO-RAT
09-09-2010, 09:29 AM
I need help deciding if I need to go with an aftermarket spindle, and if so, which one.
The vehicle is a '64 Bel Air Wagon that will not see any autox or road racing duties. It is being built solely as a cruiser. Nothing on this car is going to be outrageous. I do have a RideTech suspension system for it, with control arms that have added caster. I want the car to drive nice.
With that being said, do I need to invest in a set of aftermarket spindles? Tall spindles? Longer upper ball joints? What EXACTLY will the benefits of aftermarket spindles be, other than increased camber gain during suspension compression? Oh yeah, I'm putting big brakes on the car also. Maybe that will determine if I need spindles (hopefully Tobin will chime in on that).
If I don't need them, I'm fine with running the stockers. If it will correct some steering/handling issues of a car driven under normal street conditions, then I'm all for swapping out the stockers.
Thanks in advance guys.

COPO-RAT
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I may have just stumbled onto some info that the stock spindles on the wagon are taller than any of the aftermarket spindles. Does this mean that I would be wasting my time with aftermarket spindles?

COPO-RAT
09-13-2010, 05:40 PM
So, I've talked to Tobin and Kore3 has a kit for my stock spindles..........can anyone give me any reasons why I shouldn't use my stock spindles? I'm asking out of ignorance, surely someone knows if I'd be better off (and how much better off I'd be), if I went with an aftermarket spindle. Anyone have any thoughts?

MrQuick
09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
" will not see any autox or road racing duties"

just stick with your stock ones. KISS