PDA

View Full Version : 2003 cobra front springs

Steeevooo
09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Just picked up a set of these....was wondering if they would work on my 65 or if anyone has done this swap??

latamud
09-06-2010, 06:50 PM
They are 600# springs. If they are the same diameter as your 65 (Mustang/Falcon, etc?) they will go in. I think they are too narrow and too tall though. You could cut them and modify the spring perch (still assuming you have a 65 Ford). I suppose the 65 Nova uses the same spring perch so same goes for that.

I'm using 03 Cobra suspension under my 66 Mustang but I'm using a 96 subframe which is the same as an 03.

Steeevooo
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
i been sizing them up and I think because it was an original 6cyl car then are the same size just the cobra springs are more compressed....looks like ill get a 2in drop almost with little modification....but thats just an assumption and we all know how that goes heh

latamud
09-19-2010, 04:53 AM
i been sizing them up and I think because it was an original 6cyl car then are the same size just the cobra springs are more compressed....looks like ill get a 2in drop almost with little modification....but thats just an assumption and we all know how that goes heh

That's great new, post up pics when you get it done. It sounds like a cool new find.