PDA

View Full Version : Shops in LA

Moabdude
09-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I am planing my trip to California.
What shops must we visit?
Where can I find pro-touring projects?
Where can I find shops that sell cool parts (other than Pepboys)

Steve1968LS2
09-04-2010, 03:31 PM
JCG Restorations in Oxnard CA

Best Of Show Coachworks in San Marcos

And Ironworks in the Bakersfield area

All three great shops with cool PT projects going on.

Were in CA will you be? It's a big state ;)

Oh, have I told you I love the color of your car?

neki67
09-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Bram,

stop spending money on trips and finish the Camaro! ;-)

CarlC
09-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Definately JCG. Cris has some very nice projects cooking in the shop.

Though not P-T, Performance Auto Wholesale in Chatsworth, Hawaii Racing in Simi Valley, and Guldstrand Engineering in Burbank are all in close proximity to each other.

When are you coming?

Moabdude
09-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Were in CA will you be? It's a big state ;)
We will be in Cerritos.

JCG Restorations in Oxnard CA
Sounds good. It's a little outside LA but I think its worth the ride.

Oh, have I told you I love the color of your car?
Thanks Steve. You know the color of my car is your fault :)

stop spending money on trips and finish the Camaro! ;-)
hahaha, René I am working on the Camaro every night. Next year..............I'll be cruisin at the SNC.

When are you coming?
Hi Carl, right after SEMA until Friday the 12th of November.

CarlC
09-05-2010, 12:16 PM
If you are in Cerritos the new Hotchkis building is just a few minutes away in Santa Fe Springs. Just going in to see John's Porsche is worth the trip.

Cris@JCG
09-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks Steve & Carl!!

Please feel free to stop on by!! I will be more than happy to give you a shop tour & show you what we got going on..

I am planing my trip to California.
What shops must we visit?
Where can I find pro-touring projects?
Where can I find shops that sell cool parts (other than Pepboys)

intofx
09-05-2010, 03:36 PM
National Parts Depot is also in Oxnard and they sell ton of replacement and some aftermarket stuff. It's basically a parts counter but I don't think they've ever not had something I needed in stock.

Matt

Lowend
09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.guldstrand.com/
Pro-touring before it was called pro-touring

Moabdude
09-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Please feel free to stop on by!! I will be more than happy to give you a shop tour & show you what we got going on..

Thank you Cris, I will surely visit you!
On one of the pictures of the Drivers Inc Nova I also saw some other nice rides in you shop.
Looking forward to that.

Steve1968LS2
09-08-2010, 06:21 AM
If you are in Cerritos the new Hotchkis building is just a few minutes away in Santa Fe Springs. Just going in to see John's Porsche is worth the trip.

Yea.. it's sort of central to many shops.

Up by JCG, in camarillo, there's also Wilwood.. I wonder if they do tours?

The Peterson in LA.. the Marconi in OC is sort of interesting.. Cars And Coffee in Irvine.. Donut Derelics in Huntington Beach.

We can keep you busy!! :)

Tuske427
09-08-2010, 07:49 PM
classic industries is also in hungtington beach, about 20 minutes south of cerritos.

Moabdude
09-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks guys, looks like we don't have to get bored.

Keep on posting your sugestions please.

Hotchkis
09-10-2010, 01:12 PM

Thanks Carl!

Moabdude, definitely come see us! We've got all kinds of neat projects going on now. When is your trip?

DynoDon
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Foose's shop is in Huntington Beach and always worth stopping by to see, as is California Street Rods (which usually has some decidedly non street rod projects going on).
And as mentioned the Peterson Museum is a MUST do when in So Cal. Also think about the NHRA Museum and the Nethercutt in Sylmar.

Moabdude
09-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys, You guys make me feel at home away from home;-)

All the suggestions are on my list, JCG, Hotchkis, NHRA, Wilwood, Edelbrock, Pure Vision, Barry White, Foose, etc.
Looks like it is going to be a fun week. (2nd week of November)

Whats going on in the Marconi, Nethercutt and Peterson museum?

Keep sending the shops and stores.

thanks!!

Matt@BOS
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
The Marconi Museum is very cool if you like rare, sometimes obscure, exotics as well as some vintage race cars. There are a couple one off Ferrari's in the collection as well as a few Formula 1 cars. While it is open to the public during normal hours You have to call ahead to tell them you're coming.

Matt

Moabdude
10-23-2010, 10:50 AM
One more week........
We fly to Phoenix on the 1st of November. Make a short trip to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley, visit SEMA on the 4th and 5th and cruise around in LA from the 6th until the 12th. 13th and 14th Good Guys in Pleasanton. 14th evening back home to Holland.
Looking forward to it!!