PDA

View Full Version : how to repair indicator cable??

demonpixel
09-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I have no idea how this broke, but apparently the indicator cable for my TH400 B&M Hammer shifter separated, so my shifter light won't move from Park. :banghead: Maybe something was making it bind; I don't know. I know it's not the end of the world but it feels ghetto and is annoying the crap outa me.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can reconnect it?? Would solder work? Epoxy maybe??

Thanks,
Zig

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/indicator_cable-1.jpg

oestek
09-04-2010, 06:08 AM
I'd call B&M and get a new cable. You could probably make another, but it probably would take more time and experimenting than installing a replacement.

gkring
09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd order a new one if it was reasonable. Depending on what they other end looks like you can make your own using some new cable sold by the foot at home depot. maybe even a crimped butt splice connector as a temp fix for what you have now. Even if you get glue or epoxy to stick it won't stand up to the flexing.

demonpixel
09-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Well, I called them and told specifically what cable I needed. It came in today.

They sent the wrong one. :slap:

The one they sent was almost half the length. I even told them the part number of the Hammer kit that the indicator cable came in when I made my order for the replacement cable, and they still got it wrong. Lame.

Hope they get it right this time.