PDA

View Full Version : DSE Quadra Link VS BMR Torque Arm Suspension

DENALI
09-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Just kindo of looking at these two systems at the moment. Other than installation does one have an advantage over the other when it comes to the seat of your pants or track times given all other things are equal?? Thanks

malbright
09-05-2010, 08:43 PM
DSE just posted some videos on their website of some of their test cars at the track. I am a little biased because my car is currently in their shop for some test fitting of future nova parts but check out the video, its pretty cool. Seems their nova handles pretty good.

Not to mention everyone at DSE is extremely helpful and easy to work with. Ive called other companies prior to my DSE purchase and felt like I was wasting their time. DSE has been nothing but positive in the customer service department. To me thats worth alot. At least check them out. Its some really nice stuff.

ProdigyCustoms
09-06-2010, 12:27 AM
One thing about DSE. They are pounding their cars every weekend, customers are pounding their cars, and most of the time a DSE car is winning.

You always have to wonder if somewhere in some little back street gym if their is a hidden treasure of a boxer that could take the current champ? But if no one steps up.............the champ is the best until proven otherwise!

Roadrage David
09-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Have lots and lots of DSE stuf on my car including there mini tub kit. but when i was resendly looking for another set up i got the best vibes from the BMR Torque arm kit!!.
so i bought it. havend instaled it yet , but im sure its a hard to beat rear suspention combo...

BMR Tech
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
There is no doubt that you would be happy with either design, they are both high quality, well thought out kits. I won't deny that DSE is always at the track proving their stuff works, in fact I sometimes wonder how they keep up with sales and manufacturing when they're never at the shop!

A few things I would like to point out besides the much cheaper installation costs is that with our torque arm kit the car can always be returned to factory. There is no frame rail or floorpan intrusion so everything remains intact. Additionally, you physically get more for your money with our kit. Everything is adjustable. An aluminum-bushed bolt-in torque arm crossmember, pinion angle adjustable torque arm with Delrin-bushed telescoping front slider, Delrin-bushed billet watts link with roll center height adjustment, and adjustable length trailing arms with "instant center" adjustability. Also, one last thing - since our kit is truly a bolt-in, powdercoat comes standard instead of being a $200 upgrade.

Of course none of these features mean anything sitting on our shelves or in your garages. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to race all the time or market our kit like DSE does but it doesn't mean they aren't being used in builds, driven on the street and raced at the tracks.

I know of two kits that have been road coursed with really good customer feedback, two that have done the whole Power Tour where ride quality was praised and a few that have drag raced our kits with very good results. Of course these are just the ones that I know of. People understand the packaging value and potential of a well setup torque arm kit, we just don't quite have the exposure yet like the DSE stuff has....

Rod
09-11-2010, 10:03 PM
There is no doubt that you would be happy with either design, they are both high quality, well thought out kits. I won't deny that DSE is always at the track proving their stuff works, in fact I sometimes wonder how they keep up with sales and manufacturing when they're never at the shop!

A few things I would like to point out besides the much cheaper installation costs is that with our torque arm kit the car can always be returned to factory. There is no frame rail or floorpan intrusion so everything remains intact. Additionally, you physically get more for your money with our kit. Everything is adjustable. An aluminum-bushed bolt-in torque arm crossmember, pinion angle adjustable torque arm with Delrin-bushed telescoping front slider, Delrin-bushed billet watts link with roll center height adjustment, and adjustable length trailing arms with "instant center" adjustability. Also, one last thing - since our kit is truly a bolt-in, powdercoat comes standard instead of being a $200 upgrade.

Of course none of these features mean anything sitting on our shelves or in your garages. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to race all the time or market our kit like DSE does but it doesn't mean they aren't being used in builds, driven on the street and raced at the tracks.

I know of two kits that have been road coursed with really good customer feedback, two that have done the whole Power Tour where ride quality was praised and a few that have drag raced our kits with very good results. Of course these are just the ones that I know of. People understand the packaging value and potential of a well setup torque arm kit, we just don't quite have the exposure yet like the DSE stuff has....

are you looking for testers :idea: ??

Vegas69
09-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm with Frank, the proof is in the pudding. Monday morning quarter backs mean nothing in this game. Those who have experienced each product mean more than anything. Just because DSE races every weekend certainly doesn't mean it's superior. Maybe they are replacing end links and have made adjustments that we'd never run. My DSE subframe is fantastic. I have to lean towards what works and is proven. Until BMR shows up to a competitive event and lays it on the line, I'm going to lean heavily towards DSE. The BMR stuff looks really well designed from my review. I just have no experience with it and haven't seen anyone back it up.

srh3trinity
09-12-2010, 08:29 AM

Way to try to sieze an opportunity! I will offer my second gen up as a test mule too.

Rod
09-12-2010, 01:48 PM

Way to try to sieze an opportunity! I will offer my second gen up as a test mule too.

just looking to help :naughty: besides the car is done all Hotckis and global west, and already runs SCCA, AutoX, and GG Tracks and 2011 is going to be a big campaign year for the car, but if they wanted another car I would gladly help, it was built to promote my own company and already has other sponsors (and event schedule)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/IMG_4429-1.jpg