PDA

View Full Version : Looking for A Hotel Near Deal's Gap/Robbinsville

wantahertzdonut
08-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm going on a road trip with my girlfriend to Smokey Mountain National Park for two days, then heading west around the park and doing The Dragon. I'm planning on spending the night somewhere near Robbinsville or in that area before heading east to the ocean.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the area that's worth staying at? I have no idea what the area is like, can anyone fill me in? Is there a place to stay where we can get food and drinks nearby?

pedro
08-31-2010, 04:59 AM
Microtel
111 Rodney Orr Byp
Robbinsville, NC 28771 US
Phone: 828-479-6772

Our Daily Bread - Adjacent
Everybodys Family Restaurant - Nearby
Lynns Place - Nearby
McDonalds - Nearby
Papas Pizza - Nearby
Subway - Nearby

Wendys - Nearby
Rubys - 0.1 Miles
El Pacifico - 0.2 Miles
Phillips Smoky Mountain Restaurant - 0.7 Miles
Black Knight Drive In - 0.7 Miles
Huddle House - 1 Mile

It has been a few years but I have stayed here several times. Used to be a bbq place the was next to it that was pretty good. Close to the dragon and plenty of food within walking distance. Make sure you check out some of the other roads in the area... you can drive all day on awesome roads and never do the same one twice.

wantahertzdonut
08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Any particular roads you'd recommend? We'll have some time so if you have any favorites, I'd love to hear about them.

blown9746
09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
http://tailofthedragon.com/

most of the information you could want about the dragon

wantahertzdonut
09-13-2010, 05:53 PM
We wound up staying in Asheville, NC since we wanted to get a head start on our drive to the ocean. We did stop at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort for a break which was a neat place and a really cool scene. Aside from bikes, there were a few ZO6's, an NSX, several 350Z's, and a host of Miatas. I'd love to go back with my bike or on my own in the car so I don't have to hold back on the drive. Maybe I'll look into a spring '11 trip.