PDA

View Full Version : 66 Chevelle front suspension - almost time to purchase parts, check my combo please..

Thumpin'66
08-28-2010, 10:16 AM
I was going to go SPC like everyone else but I do some drag racing and like to have a bumpstop and a beefy arm for wheels up launches. Let me know what you think of this combo. I am also looking for the best aftermarket non-drop short spindle to replace my stockers with since mine have damage where the bearings ride.

Global West Drag upper arms TLC-42
Global West G Plus lower arms CTA-42L
Detroit Speed splined sway bar
Strange Dual adjust shocks
Santhuff coil springs
Grand Cherokee Steering Box
GM Short spindles
C6 Z51 brakes

ProdigyCustoms
08-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Not familiar with the Santhuff springs, but everyting else looks good to me as long as you make that sway bar a pin on end link of some sort you can disconnect for the drag strip.

We can help you out with the Global West and DSE stuff

Thumpin'66
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Frank, shoot me a price for the arms and sway bar please..

Thumpin'66
09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
I ordered DSE arms, spindles, splined bar and 650# springs today. I will post pics of the install in a few weeks. Hopefully my 66 will be sitting on 4 wheels again soon. I can't bear another summer with no hot rod :cheers:

Bilster
09-15-2010, 08:09 AM
What is the difference between the Drag Global West arms and the street version?

Thumpin'66
09-15-2010, 06:36 PM
The Drag arms have aluminum cross-shafts and no sway bar mounts to save weight. I spoke to GW and they said they do not reccomend the Drag Arms for street use.