PDA

View Full Version : Contact Hydratech?

John S
08-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Does anyone have a current phone number for Hydratech? They do not list it on their website which is very irritating and the number that is on the paperwork I got with my Hydro boost comes back as out of service.

Paul, I know you like email but I need to speak with you directly. PM if need be and I will send you my #

Roadrage David
08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
yes very inoying i like to ask them a couple of questions as wel. im going to buy new brakes and need to know the the master cilinder bore size from my first gen f body hydra boost system that i bought from them!!. mabey somebody here knows it to ????

Larry Callahan
08-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I sent Paul an e-mail late last night.

Any chance your question might be answered by a dealer?

Hydratech®
08-25-2010, 03:07 PM
What do you mean you can't get in touch with me?

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/Hydratech/contact.html

We have moved from our previous location in the MotorCity to our new location in the MusicCity in late '07, so the phone number in the instructions issued before the first of '08 had the old number. All instructions printed as of the move have the updated contact information on the last page. Since our move to Tennessee, we have also shifted to "dealer only" status, though still provide a channel of communications through our e-mail address listed in the link above. I do admit that I have contracted a serious case of "phone-o-phobia" after ten years of extremely intense phone duty, and have not yet been able to place the right man on site to do such. Our dealers have been doing an overall good job of handling the general communications, and I have been available for direct contact via e-mail when needed. Those that have contacted us via e-mail requesting a call get this standard response:

We currently handle all technical requests via e-mail, as we can provide much more information in the form of links, pics, and further visual aids and printable reference material. If you would like to speak with a representative on the phone, I suggest you call www.classicperform.com (http://www.classicperform.com/) or any alternate dealer as seen on this page: http://www.hydratechbraking.com/Hydratech/dealerlist.html (http://www.hydratechbraking.com/Hydratech/dealerlist.html) If there is a case where a dealer cannot accomodate your request for some reason, let me know what the issue may be via e-mail. If there is a case where e-mail cannot service the request appropriately, I will schedule a call in to you.

You can truly rest assured that I wish we had the means to place ten guys in cubicles wearing headsets "ready to take your call", though we have very little actual profit margin to work with on these systems, and instead choose to put all of our efforts into producing the highest quality components possible.

Larry, where did you send the e-mail to? I always receive the automated general PT.com newsletters and announcements, so I wonder why I did not receive your e-mail?

David, if you sourced your MC through us, it was the 1 1/8" bore sizing. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail with any further questions you may have.

John, had you visited the website, located the contact page and sent me an e-mail, you would have had your response by now. I also wonder what could possibly be so critically important that could only be discussed via phone as opposed to the preferred e-mail channel of communication? And also going so far as to call me out on the public forum? :spank2:

Larry Callahan
08-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Larry, where did you send the e-mail to? I always receive the automated general PT.com newsletters and announcements, so I wonder why I did not receive your e-mail?

I replied to the last e-mail you sent me alerting you to this post. After checking the e-mail address entered into your account here on the site I see it has changed.

I have updated your e-mail address in my address book.

John S
09-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Paul,
Exactly as I stated, No Phone number. You and I discussed an issue several years ago that was never fully resolved and I would like to follow up on it now that I am making some changes to the car. A quick phone call would have been easy since I am better at articulating exactly what I want in conversation than I am in writing and I sometimes go weeks or longer without internet access.
I also did not "Call you out" as you indicate, only that you do not list a phone number which I consider odd since I did have a number listed on the paperwork i got when I purchased the unit from you.
I have always been a proponent of your systems, in fact I know for a fact that you have sold no less then 6 units due to personal recommendations from me, that is how much I believe in them.
So please, do not make me out to be the bad guy because I would rather speak to you in person then exchanging emails.
Since I have no other options i will be sending you an email today.

John S
09-16-2010, 08:37 AM
I sent Paul an e-mail late last night.

Any chance your question might be answered by a dealer?
Larry,
The issue I have is not a functional issue since the system works superbly.
Instead it is a mounting issue, unfortunately like so many other parts there are not a lot of things available for the 4th Gen Monte Carlo SS's. The mounting plate that comes with the Hydratech unit could use a "tweak" to provide clearance for stock or steel cowl hoods. I spoke with paul about this soon after I installed my system (5 years ago) but using a pin on glass hood eliminated any problems. Since I intend on going back to a stock hood I would like to resolve the clearance issue.
I sent Paul an email as requested and will let everyone know of the outcome.