PDA

View Full Version : for those with fiberglass hoods...

kman67rsss
05-15-2005, 02:07 PM
I have a 4" cowl induction hood from harwood on my 67 camaro. i got the springs that harwood reccomends and they dont hold the hood up worth a damn. does anyone else have this problem? if so how did you solve it? i have the stock springs that are new but dont want to risk breaking a freshley painted hood. thanks for the help

astroracer
05-15-2005, 02:48 PM
You probably don't want to use the stock springs. I have an Unlimited Products hood on my truck and they said I could use the stock springs. I had them in for a year and they were actually lifting the back corners of the hood due to the spring tension. I didn't have any problems other then that. I took the springs out the hood settled back down where it needs to be. To hold it up I use a long aluminum tube (old tent pole) for working and cleaning and I made a shorter version for shows that holds the hood open about 24". It's a pain in the ass I know but that's what I did...
Mark

TUBED
05-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Go to glasstek.com and click on hood springs. They're $35.00 I have some my car along with one of their hoods and they perform just fine. I'm not sure but their hood springs that I'm using resemble what's used on 1983 Pontiac Catalina's, so you might check with a GM dealer that maybe their same source. I hope this helps. Gerald