PDA

View Full Version : lee quick ratio box

newbe60
08-23-2010, 07:09 PM
anyone running a lee quick ratio box in a camaro with an ls motor.. im having problems with the power steering making an awful noise.. doesnt seem to be air in the system.. is there a calibration problem?

zbugger
08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
What kind of noise? I doubt engine type would have anything to do with it as it's about the pump, lines, and box itself.

jocko124
08-23-2010, 09:32 PM
I would call either Tom Lee or Marcus @ SC&C to help troubleshoot.

LowBuckX
08-23-2010, 11:54 PM
New pump also? Whos pump is it?

neki67
08-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Same problem here, problem gets worse once it warms up. I have the regular F-body LS pump. I have a different valve for it but haven't installed it yet. Bought the box and valve through Marcus but we all know how busy he is and thus hard to reach every now and then.

In all fairness; in my case there could still be some air in the system so I would appreciate suggestions on best steering box air bleeding procedures.

pitts64
08-24-2010, 04:39 AM
Call Lee up and ask them for the orifice size for your car... Then drill out the flow valve to the recommended size..
Only Lee has this info.. You don't need a new pump. The stock GM pump will be fine. I've been running my lee 12:1 for years with the stock pump. I did have to get the proper flow valve orifice size from Lee for my car and drill it out..

killer69
08-24-2010, 07:02 AM
what resivoir are you using?
we have seen problems with the Billet Specialitirs remot res, but if you use the Lee resivoir there should be NO issues, i just finished mine and filled it up spun the pump over with a drill turned the wheel a couple times and it is perfect, we have done cars with the BS res and after hours of bleeding and then redesigning the return tube.
something to check if your using a remote.

nicks67camaro
08-24-2010, 07:09 AM
what resivoir are you using?
we have seen problems with the Billet Specialitirs remot res, but if you use the Lee resivoir there should be NO issues, i just finished mine and filled it up spun the pump over with a drill turned the wheel a couple times and it is perfect, we have done cars with the BS res and after hours of bleeding and then redesigning the return tube.
something to check if your using a remote.

Have you seen any issue with the KRC setup with remote res with the Lee box?

Marcus SC&C
08-24-2010, 08:20 AM
I have to agree with Blake, we have seen some really cool looking reservoirs that are basically "fluid aeration chambers". That`s a possibility. We have all of our Lee boxes tuned to the intended pump`s output pressure and volume so that shouldn`t be an issue. I know this sounds stupid but it could be as simple as a bit of dirt in a fitting allowing a bit of air in. Mark SC&C

67 ls1 vert
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
I went to your website and couldn't see any reservoirs? What are they under?

pitts64
08-26-2010, 05:36 PM
We have all of our Lee boxes tuned to the intended pump`s output pressure and volume so that shouldn`t be an issue. Mark SC&C

My pumps orifice size was all wrong for the box you sold me.. I called Lee and got it straightened out. He asked me what car it was in and made me wait a few minutes while he looked up the size. The guy from Lee said you need to make sure the pump flows enough for there box. He also said the stock GM power steering pump would be fine and it has been for 4 years now with over 30,000 miles..