PDA

View Full Version : axle repair bearings?

DartorDemon
08-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Hopefully this is the right section. Has anyone used them before?

I had some gears put in my new rear axle and as it turned out, one of the axles is too worn on its standard riding area to be reused. And i guess the axle repair bearings move the riding surface farther inward so it can still be used?

LowBuckX
08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I have the same wear issue. Im just going to replace the entire axle with a Summit brand or Alloy Axle kit it comes with bearings seals and axles for under $250

DartorDemon
08-18-2010, 09:07 PM
I have the same wear issue. Im just going to replace the entire axle with a Summit brand or Alloy Axle kit it comes with bearings seals and axles for under $250

I wish it was that easy. I'm having the hardest time finding axles for a 70s chrysler 8.25. Plus, if the repair bearing will work then it would probably last until i have enough power to blow up the rear end anyways.

David Pozzi
08-18-2010, 09:20 PM
The Camaro repair bearing is offset to ride on a new part of the axle, this part works fine, but the bearing has a much much smaller seal and it tends to leak. The seal is on the bearing assy, instead of pressed into the axle tube like the stock one.
Just about every one I've seen is leaking. I would do some net searching on it for complaints on the Chrysler version.
David

LowBuckX
08-19-2010, 08:14 AM
I wish it was that easy. I'm having the hardest time finding axles for a 70s chrysler 8.25. Plus, if the repair bearing will work then it would probably last until i have enough power to blow up the rear end anyways.
Ahh I assumed it was for a Camaro LOL