PDA

View Full Version : 4 wheel drum to 4 wheel disc question

bullitt4110
08-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Im sure its been asked many times and answered many times but I couldnt find exactly what I was looking for so, I have a question. My 69 Chevelle has 4 wheel manual drum brakes stock, I am replacing them with LS1 Camaro 4 wheel disc brakes, Kore3 lines, and a 77 Malibu manual master. My question is reguarding the proportioning valve and stock distribution block, do I need to simply remove the stock distribution block and replace it with an adjustabel prop vlave? And also is the RPV in the stock master if everything stock? Thanks for any help.

bullitt4110
08-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Anyone?

SHOUGHTON
08-19-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm no expert on brakes but I just did the c5 swap on my drum/drum Camaro. Tobin at Kore3 walked me through it and I'd recommend calling him. He was awesome! The RPV should be in your old master. So you should be good with your new master as long as it is a disc/disc master. You can go two ways with your distribution block. Leave it and add a proportional valve or remove it and replace it with a distribution block that has a intergrated prop(which is a cleaner look). Either way will work.

bullitt4110
08-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Ok, Ill have to talk to Tobin when I order the brake lines. I also decided to go with the "Mopar 24mm" master per his advise. Sorry for the newb questions, I havent dealt with an older cars brake system only the newer ABS units.

Pete68
08-31-2010, 12:27 AM
No need to add an adjustable proportioning valve until you put everything together and you find out you need one. Im running all C5 and front to rear proportion seems about perfect. One thing I would recommend is to match the master cylinder with the brakes you are using, dont use that crappy old iron master cylinder, get one on ebay or the junkyard from and LS1.