PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock/Carter AFB into throttle body?

BulldawgMusclecars
08-17-2010, 05:37 PM
I have seen the various EFI kits that use a throttle body similar in appearance to a Holley (Retroktek speed and others), and even remember seeing a Holley carb somewhere that was converted to flow air only as part of a homebrewed EFI setup. My question is, has anyone done this with a Carter/Edelbrock style carb, or any other carb?

The reason I ask is that I'm doing a replica/tribute of my dad's '55 Chevy he had back in '57 (dual Carter WCFBs), but with a few modern concessions (disc brakes, EFI, OD, etc), and I want the engine to look "right"...even though it is EFI. I'll probably pick up a couple carbs and do some experimenting, but figured if anyone has done this, someone here would know. The plan is to use an Edelbrock dual quad intake and carbs (not totally correct, but the right vibe), or a GM dual quad intake with the older WCFBS, if I can find some cheap enough to cut up. I'd prefer a true multipoint style from a functionality standpoint, but some large TBI style injectors would work better from an appearance standpoint. This idea is a little crazy, but I think the finished product will be pretty cool!