PDA

View Full Version : Problem with KYB shocks and Firebird67

j67
08-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I bought a Hotchkis 2" lowering kit for my Firebird 67 and installed a set of KYB Gas-Adjust. I have problems with the KYB, they are not stiff enough. I have them checked on a suspension machine and they didn't pass the test. I got another set and ... same results. Now I'm considering changing them for another brand, i need some infos before buying and need your opinions if you have experienced something similar.

Thanks a lot !

musclecarmatt
08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
KYB's suck.....go with HPS 1000...or Koni adjustables...

dhutton
08-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Why not use the Hotchkis Bilstein shocks that have been revalved to match the springs you already have?

John Wright
08-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi,

I bought a Hotchkis 2" lowering kit for my Firebird 67 and installed a set of KYB Gas-Adjust. I have problems with the KYB, they are not stiff enough. I have them checked on a suspension machine and they didn't pass the test. I got another set and ... same results. Now I'm considering changing them for another brand, i need some infos before buying and need your opinions if you have experienced something similar.

Thanks a lot !

The KYBs were a stock replacement, they weren't intended to dampen springs that are almost double the stock rate. Choose a shock that compliments your spring rates.

Bryce
08-16-2010, 05:34 AM
KYB are great for a stock setup street car. I have them on a 97 dakota and 95 mustang. Both cars' shocks are much stiffer than stock but probably not good enough for a stiffer spring.

Steve68
08-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Racing Dynamics, BMW parts, there engineer told me "you get what you pay for" I kept having a broken shock mount problem,

j67
08-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks all ! I go with Hotchkis Bilstein !

Where can i get them at a really good price ? (Canada or USA). I am based in Canada.

Bryce
08-16-2010, 08:21 AM
call frank at prodigy. he will work with you!