PDA

View Full Version : Cam Bearing Is This A Problem? Help!

toofun
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Got all my parts together to do the cam and head swap and pulled the bags off the engine and the rag out of the cam journal in the front of the motor when I noticed what looks like a small square notch out of the cam bearing in the front. Dont know if it was there before I pulled the cam out before but it is there now. It is not raised at all just looks like a small notch in the cam bearing. IS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE THERE? I was very careful with the cam upon removal. Can this bearing still be used? If not can I replace it myself? It is in the front of the engine and the engine is in the car. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I have attached pics of it below.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1010912/cambearingreal2.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1010912/cambearingreal.jpg

Thanks
Mark
TOOFUN

myclone
05-13-2005, 06:26 PM
IS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE THERE?
Thanks
Mark
TOOFUN

Yep..... Lube up the new cam, stab it in there, and burn rubber :) .

zbugger
05-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that's normal.

toofun
05-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Hey thanks guys!! Just about nearly had a heart attack when I saw it. Then when I took a closer look common sense told me that it was way too clean of a cut to be a problem but you always second guess yourself. Thanks for putting that to rest.

Hey MYCLONE!! Use to have a 92 Typhoon (CALLED IT MYTY...COPS HAD FUN WITH THAT ONE LATE AT NIGHT). In fact was one of the first ones to get one on the whole East Coast!! LOVED THAT TRUCK!! Even in stock form I use to kick ass at the track. Made alot of drag night cash against unsuspecting Mustangs!! MaN I wish I had it back!!! Anyways, thanks again.

Mark
TOOFUN

myclone
05-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey MYCLONE!! Use to have a 92 Typhoon (CALLED IT MYTY...COPS HAD FUN WITH THAT ONE LATE AT NIGHT). In fact was one of the first ones to get one on the whole East Coast!! LOVED THAT TRUCK!! Even in stock form I use to kick ass at the track. Made alot of drag night cash against unsuspecting Mustangs!! MaN I wish I had it back!!! Anyways, thanks again.

Mark
TOOFUN

Cool... Not that Id ever race for cash but they can be sleepers/money makers every now and then :naughty: .