PDA

View Full Version : where do you guys stay?

tellyv
08-14-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm looking to book my trip and was going to stay at mgm but wanted to see if there was a hot spot? Telly

DynoDon
08-14-2010, 09:39 PM
the Hilton attached to the Convention Center is the most happening, and most expensive. We are cheap and stay at the Sahara as a company

wedgehead
08-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I stay where I get a good deal. This year we are at the Golden Nugget. Bought a package through US Airways. The SEMA site has pretty good deals on rooms but the airfare is crazy from DFW this year so the package for the room and airfare was just a little more that just airfare.

LMDGUY
08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I stay at circus circus cause they have oversize parking lot out back for the truck and trailer and full time security guards back there during SEMA

Andrew McBride
08-18-2010, 04:56 PM
We are staying at the circus circus this year. The rooms were very reasonable and we wanted to be closer to the convention center.

fletcherscustoms
08-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Planet Hollywood. Not the most friendly for access to convention center, no monorail stop. So either have to walk next door and jump on there or cab it. I stay there one because I like the atmosphere, young crownd, hot scenery, and oh yeah IT'S FREE!! I stay there 3 weeks a year and gamble so. I'm always comped. So it worth putting up with the location and getting to and from to save $1000 on rooms

MuscleRodz
08-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Bunch of the lat-g guys usually stay at the Flamingo or next door. Anywhere on the monorail is best

PhillipM
08-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Planet Hollywood. Not the most friendly for access to convention center, no monorail stop. So either have to walk next door and jump on there or cab it. I stay there one because I like the atmosphere, young crownd, hot scenery, and oh yeah IT'S FREE!! I stay there 3 weeks a year and gamble so. I'm always comped. So it worth putting up with the location and getting to and from to save $1000 on rooms

I wouldn't say your stay is "FREE"... Hahaha

For SEMA we tend to stay at MGM.

bigtyme1
08-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Will e at the Flamingo again this year

PhillipM
08-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Will e at the Flamingo again this year

Does that place still have 7' ceilings in the halls?

tellyv
08-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I booked us at the mgm.

camcojb
08-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Does that place still have 7' ceilings in the halls?
some areas of it are, very weird. Being 6'5" I find myself ducking under sprinklers and doorways.............. :)

Jody

BonzoHansen
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
We stayed at the venetian last year. gotta keep the better half pampered! the venetian is attached to the sands convention center were the apex show is, and they run shuttle buses form there to the sema show.

Sheriff
08-24-2010, 05:54 AM
I stayed at the bellagio. Got a great deal last year.

796spdbu
08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Do you guys use places like expedia,hot wire,priceline to get good deals or your local travel agent?

BonzoHansen
08-24-2010, 12:26 PM
My wife is good at this stuff. Last year she got us a terrific deal on hotel & airfare through southwest airlines.

LMDGUY
08-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Do you guys use places like expedia,hot wire,priceline to get good deals or your local travel agent?

shop around, yahoo travel has good deals and I have used this site before you just have to prepay for the trip:
http://www.tripres.com/default.aspx

fletcherscustoms
08-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Here is my thoughts on travel to vegas. From a guy that goes as much as ten times a year for business. I'm no expert, but I have been any and everywhere in vegas!! lol Need advice on nightlife, adult places, etc. I do so much client entertaining out there I've got my favorites. And have the low downs on the locals places for cheap food, cheap beer, and cheaper gambling.

Airfare- Any of the larger sites have the best deals. I also heart Southwest when flying to vegas, usually cheaper, and almost always a direct flight!

Hotels-Book through the actual hotel. Get on there site and price out your trip through there system, then go to the big sites expedia, etc and price out same hotel and same dates. If the big site is cheaper then call the hotel and tell them about what the offer is , 95% time they will match no questions asked. Main reason for this is it opens you stay for upgrades. ITs vegas baby, slip the clerk your license, credit card and $20 and you'll go from a parking lot view to a pool view, or a higher room, hell I've been upgrade to $1000 suites. ITs vegas and cash is king. But as soon as you book through major site they can't upgrade cause its all locked in there system.

-Get a players card or rewards card for you hotel if you plan to stay next time. Vegas is on hard times you would be amazed at the discounts you get on rooms for dropping a mere $100 in a slot machine these days.

- Do not book last minute, never cheaper!!!

-Avoid weekends like the plague

-If you really do some planning you can save. For example MGM room is $209 a night, same size and equipped room off strip is $99 a night. That leaves $100 to cab around, gamble, etc. SO your not in the heart of it all, but its usually only a few minutes walk or $10 cab ride away. Last year we stayed at the Marriot Courtyard across the street from the convention center for $79 a night and walked back and fourth all day. Less than 200 yards door to door. Had our on car so getting to places was easy. Cabbed it to Flamingo one night for $5.

SLO_Z28
08-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I usually stay at the MGM but since I dont spend much time in the room anyways I think im going to stay at the Excalibur this year, its dirt cheap and right on the strip.

DRJDVM's '69
08-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Has anybody stayed at the Mardi Gras, where the Pro-touring dinner is held at?
Its really close to the convention center and every year I go to the dinner, I think maybe I should just book there next year....very easy walking distance to the show so no monorail or Cab $$

fletcherscustoms
08-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Try the Courtyard by Marriot about 200 yards down by thte convention center. The Mardi Gras jsut screams, rape and murder to me for some reason. lol