PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Ladder bars?

rkcuda
05-13-2005, 06:52 AM
I have ladder bars on my 68 Road Runner. The car will be using the capabilites of ladder bars for drag racing but I wondered about how they handle. I assume poorly... but I saw them on the Charger Viper http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0205phr_chargerb/

I can definately lower the rear suspension easily with this set up. This combined with lowering the torsion bars gives an adjustable lowered stance in a couple hours. Drag car to Pro-tour. I think the Road Runner would look cool at a pro-tourer but I doubt it will be a G machine with ladder bars.

Any experience or comments?

wally8
05-13-2005, 07:27 AM
I don't think there's any nicer way to say it than ladder bars suck for Pro-Touring. They're not even that great for drag racing once you've been around 4 links.

I'd ditch them and use just about anything else but that's just my opinion which is fairly worthless since it's your car :-)

Wally

rkcuda
05-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Since I will only be in the 10 second range... I will give the ladder bars a try. I understand, that given the time to tune, 4 links work best.

Thanks for the reply, I assumed that the ladder bars would be really crappy handling.

Ricoch3T
05-13-2005, 09:53 PM
nothing wrong with a properly setup ladder bar. For protouring, no, but for drag racing/pro street theyd be ok.
10's would be fine, theres plenty of cars around here that run 9's and even 8's with ladder bars.. i'm sure there are others that may run even faster. :drive1: