PDA

View Full Version : Perimeter vs. bar nitrous

ss dave
05-13-2005, 06:06 AM
For you nitrous guys out there, my mechanic saw a recent car program talking about the advantages of a perimeter injection plate over the standard bar injection. Better atomization, fuel distribution, improved cylinder burn. Anyone with any info on this or any experience with this setup? Thanks.

jacobgiles
05-13-2005, 07:41 AM
they work good

andrewb70
05-17-2005, 05:58 PM
FYI, The ZEX plate is in breach of an NOS patent.

Andrew

ProdigyCustoms
05-17-2005, 06:52 PM
I used a NOS perimeter plate. i will stay with my NX Twin Gemini

gmachinz
05-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Isn't the previous founder/owner of NOS affiliated with Zex now? I thought I read that in a magazine somewhere recently. No intent to highjack thread btw. :rolleyes5 -Jabin

ss dave
05-18-2005, 09:49 AM
I didn't realize that NOS had a similar plate. I'm more familar with the NOS system and I like the progressive control application. Talking with my mechanic about the pros/cons of nitrous vs. pro charger. I like the idea that HP is there only when you decide and in a limited form with the nitrous, ie. race situation. whereas with pro charger all the time. With my lead foot that is an advantage. With the correct safety components in place, I understand nitrous can be completely reliable and safe. The progressive control allows a more smooth transition of HP with less strain on internals which was an advantage of supercharging. I will look into the Gemini plate, but maybe with my application of an increase of 150-200 hp the bar will satisfy and perform well. Any thoughts on this since I'm a novice at this nitrous thing?

ss dave
05-18-2005, 10:27 AM
The Gemini Twin looks similar to the Zex plate. I like the idea of better atomization. Does any other system offer the progessive control of NOS? I couldn't find it when I researched the NX system. Thanks.

andrewb70
05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Isn't the previous founder/owner of NOS affiliated with Zex now? I thought I read that in a magazine somewhere recently. No intent to highjack thread btw. :rolleyes5 -Jabin

No. Mike Thermos is the founder of NOS and he has a company now called Nitrous Supply. He sells NOS products.

NX is also infringing on an NOS patent with their Gemini plate systems. The NOS patent covers any plate systems that introduce nitrous directly through the plate without the use of spray bars. NX is also infringing on the NOS patent of the NOSzle systems with their NXL system.

Andrew

ss dave
05-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Andrew, you sound knowledgeable about this stuff. If the perimeter plate system is better, why doesn't NOS offer it ? or do they? Does any one else offer a progressive set up? thanks

dave

andrewb70
05-19-2005, 06:43 AM
The NOS Progressive Nitrous Controller has been around for a while and is a very good, reliable piece. Go to any drag strip and you will see racers using them with great success.

NOS used to make Annular Discharge plates, but has since stopped. They were expensive and there was not much advantage over the spray bar systems.

Andrew

ProdigyCustoms
05-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Dave, I run my fair share of Nitrous, and I am A Mark for NX stuff because I like the product and LOVE the service. No other nitrous company can give the technical support that john Phillips with NX can. most nitrous companies have tech guys that can only read you the instructions, as if you cannot read, and if you ask anything outside of their cheat sheet, they are lost. john has done it all and seen it all.
NX makes a great progressive controller, but in my street racer I still run the NOS progressive controller I built the car with 7 years ago before I started using NX.
BTW, I did a track rental day when I switched to NX. I pulled of a 250HP cheater plate tuned for 250HP, only changed the plate to the twin still using the old solenoids. Car went .05 faster in the 1/4 on the NX 150HP tune up, then the 250HP Cheater tune up in Identical conditions in a deadly consistent car. It was picking up 1.1 seconds from 10.80 to 9.70 on the 250 cheater, and picked up 1.15 on the Twin Gemini to 9.65.
Later the same car would go on to pick up 1.4 on 250HP and I have safely ran 300HP on regular forged NON nitrous pistons with the Twin Gemini.

Travis B
05-19-2005, 07:54 AM
I have been around both companies systems NOS and NX! I would haave to say I also liked the NX stuff much better!