PDA

View Full Version : Car glass needed, best place to get it????

gmjj13
08-09-2010, 03:33 AM
here's the deal, i need a windshield and back glass for a 2 door 54 Chevy belair, side glass as well. my problem is i can't find any place that has it, and would be willing to ship to an APO (Army Post Office). Any help any one could give me be greatly appreciated. Any sponsors here have anything? Thanks for looking.

ProdigyCustoms
08-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Those glass pieces will exceed the post office size limits.

latamud
08-09-2010, 04:39 AM
here's the deal, i need a windshield and back glass for a 2 door 54 Chevy belair, side glass as well. my problem is i can't find any place that has it, and would be willing to ship to an APO (Army Post Office). Any help any one could give me be greatly appreciated. Any sponsors here have anything? Thanks for looking.

:idea: Find someone who is PCSing to your (or a nearby) post/base soon, have them pack it up in their household goods.

Last time I PCSed, I had 9,000 lbs of stuff, zero furniture. Everything went into the garage.

gmjj13
08-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Those glass pieces will exceed the post office size limits.

i figured that might be the case. what other ways can glass be shipped?? DHL/UPS/Fed-Ex? haven't had to deal with shipping anything that wouldn't go through the APO yet. I got my camaro glass from you guys, do ya'll deal with older cars as well?

Atleast when I figure something out with the glass, it will be easier to figure out how to ship an LS motor over for the belair!!

gmjj13
08-09-2010, 04:58 AM
:idea: Find someone who is PCSing to your (or a nearby) post/base soon, have them pack it up in their household goods.

Last time I PCSed, I had 9,000 lbs of stuff, zero furniture. Everything went into the garage.

wish i knew someone coming over soon. that sounds like it would be an option, but there's no one i know of...

thanks for the idea.

gmjj13
08-10-2010, 10:33 PM
anyone?

CruizinKev
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Jeff I'll ask a friend where he bought his windshield for his 64 impala. But I remember he said that even www.Carglass.de can get him a new windshield...

gmjj13
08-11-2010, 11:57 AM
cool, thanks Kev. i'll have the wifey give them a call tomorrow and see what she can find out. :fingersx:

CruizinKev
08-11-2010, 12:06 PM
no problem! :) what happened with the glass? cracked while it was on the boat to Germany?

gmjj13
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
no cracks, just old. its the original glass from 54, so it is seperating a bit at the bottoms, and has a lot of fine scratches in it, which makes it a bit of a pain to see through clearly at times. just want to make sure she's safe to drive over here...

ProdigyCustoms
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
We have the glass, just shipping will be the problem and I bet it is a fortune to Germany Air freight. I am certain the Post office won't touch it due to size and weight.

amsterdam
09-29-2010, 12:37 PM
We have the glass, just shipping will be the problem and I bet it is a fortune to Germany Air freight. I am certain the Post office won't touch it due to size and weight.
Frank if you ship it to the guy's in Texas (like you shipped my parts), they will ship to the Netherlands, and Germany to the Netherlands is like 3 hours driving

Erik

gmjj13
10-04-2010, 11:47 AM
thats a possibility. who are the guys in texas that shipped for you?

markd
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM
PM sent!

amsterdam
10-05-2010, 12:59 PM
thats a possibility. who are the guys in texas that shipped for you?

They are dutch people living in Texas. Here is a link www.usa2ned.com (http://www.usa2ned.com)
I almost shipped al my parts from Frank with them.
They ship a couple container a month to the netherlands.

Erik