PDA

View Full Version : The great labor day cruise

paint2361
08-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Come out to orange county ca, fair grounds for the annual great labor day cruise. Over labor day weekend.

http://www.occa-inc.com/

Autocross, car games, camping, cruising route, food and beer! Who can ask for more?

RobNoLimit
08-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I'll be there, They are running an autocross. Come out and get beat by an old pick-up. should be fun.:cheers:

DynoDon
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Been to every one - what is it 28 years now!
I think the Falcon will be in pieces getting the Triangulated 4 link and BIG wheels and tires so no autocross this year.
I will have the 32 coupe there though

DFRESH
08-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Yep--I'll be there---got more than 30 passes on the Auto X last year--really fun---hope more guys from here will make it out this year.

Doug

Matt@BOS
08-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Well, I'm out. I was gonna take the Camaro, but it won't be ready unless I drive it with no sheetmetal like Rob's truck lol.

Matt

paint2361
08-13-2010, 12:39 PM
New for this year.... One Sunday, any year American cars are welcome!!!

DynoDon
08-13-2010, 01:06 PM
If any of you guys want to say HI, I will have my motorhome in space 35. It's a Tan Bounder without all the usual Graphics and I will have this Black 32 Hiboy 3 Window and a Black 56 T Bird with Salt Flat wheels nearby. Don
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/LaborDay2009-1.jpg
how do you think it will do in the autocross with this tire combo? :drive2:

RobNoLimit
08-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey Matt, it would be lighter that way

79-TA
09-04-2010, 10:56 PM
So, I'm pretty happy with the setup at the autocross. The track is an interesting design, way better than the standard peanut configuration. I had a blast today and will be back for more tomorrow.

Here's a video to see for yourself.

_lSJQIjeTFo

79-TA
09-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Some more video:

3p7hRGSO67Q

2KM7BxRpa_Q

2xm9rMl7kZE

P4pVTBabqos

qFLKy40YGV0

79-TA
09-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Ok, lots more video up on youtube now. Still more to come later.

Rob's truck . . . sorry, this was the only video. I just must have assumed that I had filmed you more since you got so many runs in.
0dgxW7ahkzM

Blue/green/aqua Nova Wagon
uv4kVX1gdug

El Camino
jqoEYD2E_QI

White Nova wagon
onZOtuC3E7s

"4 door Pontiac"
1AfOadLGrLI

Chevelle convertible
EPFB4zsIFv0

fastback Mustang
WCNla0GTNow

'55 Chevy
-rqaDiU0z08

Brett's Camaro convertible
IvKA2tkxKrY

Matt's backup car
axRSG0F80Do

Nessumsar
09-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks for getting those up Brett! Rob was flying with a 40.5, was that on Sunday?

My best run was a 42.64, with both Matts in the car. Now, to tame my understeer.

RobNoLimit
09-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks Brett, at least I was entertaining. HA HA. I had a great time getting to know you guys better. Sill pushes a lot more than I'd like

406 Q-ship
09-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Here are some of the pictures I took along with my minions.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC_0224-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC_0163-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC_0301-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC_0299-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC_0176-1.jpg

Thanks for the great video Brett

Matt@BOS
09-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the videos Brett. I wish I had snapped some pictures of you beating on your Mustang. For those of you that weren't there yesterday, Brett went and got his back up Mustang at lunch and beat the hell out of it all afternoon, turning in some amazing times for a stock Fox Body (43-44 sec. I think).

I've got a couple pictures to post up as well, but I only took four or five before I hopped in my car and literally ran 40 laps, yes 40! which probably more than doubled my autocross experience.

Matt

406 Q-ship
09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I got over 35 runs in the day and half I ran before the rear axle started drooling.

paint2361
09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks to all the participants in this years autocross!! We had a blast setting up the course and even more fun watching all you guys run on it! My girlfriend even got the chance to sneak away from the timing tent and run a few good times in her stock 2010 v6 camaro, I got a few runs in as well in Tony correia's '65 mustang fastback.

If any of you were there and didn't get a t-shirt(or even if you were and did and just want another one) give me a holler and I'll send one your way. We have alot of them left over.

Thanks again!
Mike Fitz(labor day autocross starter)

DFRESH
09-06-2010, 01:23 PM
I had over 44 passes over two days. Noticed last night that both my axle seals are leaking badly now. Guess there must be some pressure against those things while doing this---LOL.

Was a great time hanging out with you guys--that was really fun. I got down to a 40.82----then Rob busts out a 40.40---geez. Where else could you ride in each others cars like that, have a ball and run as much as you wanted too? That was killer! Thanks for the vids and the pics---very cool.

Doug

67zo6Camaro
09-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I just wanted to thank all of you for your support during my first time out at the autocross. I had an awsome time learning to drive my recently "almost" finished 67 Camaro Convt. Rob and Doug both were willing to go for a joy ride with me and give me on track pointers,,,,. As you may see, Brett "79-TA" did a great job documenting the event. Had fun watching Karl and John putting the rubber to the ground. Good fun and great people. Thanks.

67zo6Camaro
09-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I had over 44 passes over two days. Noticed last night that both my axle seals are leaking badly now. Guess there must be some pressure against those things while doing this---LOL.

Was a great time hanging out with you guys--that was really fun. I got down to a 40.82----then Rob busts out a 40.40---geez. Where else could you ride in each others cars like that, have a ball and run as much as you wanted too? That was killer! Thanks for the vids and the pics---very cool.

Doug
Doug I had a great time chassssssing the two of you and trying to mimick your track savy moves.... Funny thing I was telling my son on the way home I kind of felt guilty for thrashing on my car for two days. His reply was, "But dad is'nt that what you built it for....and if something breaks will know that you did'nt build it strong enough". I lost track of how many times I ran.....and how many times I ran over clusters of cones. lol. Good times and worth every minute.

406 Q-ship
09-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Doug I had a great time chassssssing the two of you and trying to mimick your track savy moves.... Funny thing I was telling my son on the way home I kind of felt guilty for thrashing on my car for two days. His reply was, "But dad is'nt that what you built it for....and if something breaks will know that you did'nt build it strong enough". I lost track of how many times I ran.....and how many times I ran over clusters of cones. lol. Good times and worth every minute.

Now that is a smart child!

paint2361
09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I just wanted to thank all of you for your support during my first time out at the autocross. I had an awsome time learning to drive my recently "almost" finished 67 Camaro Convt. Rob and Doug both were willing to go for a joy ride with me and give me on track pointers,,,,. As you may see, Brett "79-TA" did a great job documenting the event. Had fun watching Karl and John putting the rubber to the ground. Good fun and great people. Thanks.

It was good to meet and chat with you out there. It's always nice to find someone with a pretty close car to what I'm building. Someday when my 67 firebird convertable gets finished we should meet up at an event and hammer our cars together. Lol.

DynoDon
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Well, The Falcon was apart so no Autocross for me this year. It looked like the course was awfully tight and everyone was pushing the front end pretty hard - but having a good time!
We didn't have anything worthy of partaking but had a great time and a pretty nice line up of cars at our camp.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/PICT00044-1.jpg

DFRESH
09-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Was great to meet you bro--had a blast! Thanks for that ride--was a really great time with the three of us in your car---I loved that you scored your best time up to that point with the three of us in there--that was probably the best memory of the 2 days---that and riding in Rob's truck---amazing. Will hope to see you at more events--you need to come with all of us to Adam's Motorsport Park. It is a really good time----you did, and are, doing an amazing job on the vert---you will be spanking us badly when you get some tires on that thing for sure. Talk soon.

Doug

Gordz32
09-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Hey Thats me in the 67 ' Elco. It was my first time Autocrossing ever and I had as much fun as I thought I would. What a Blast and I couldn't belive how many runs I got in in such a short period of time. It was fun to watch everyone else as well. I need to properly tune my car and take care of my tire rubbing issues though.

67zo6Camaro
09-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks for your comments. Keep me posted for the Adams Motorsport Park.

Brett

Matt@BOS
09-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks for your comments. Keep me posted for the Adams Motorsport Park.

Brett

Adams is every Tuesday, and I think Rob makes it out there almost every week. I'm guessing we'll get the group together fairly soon since a bunch of us missed last week. I might even go today.

Matt

Nessumsar
09-07-2010, 08:12 AM

You did a bang up job out there, and with a beautiful car to boot!

Thanks for getting some pictures Karl, looks like I could use a little more camber gain!

So, when is the next labor Day Cruise?! lol

79-TA
09-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey, I'm glad to see you found the site, Brett! This autocross is easily the best bang for the buck. I had a blast. Even after going home and coming back with another car, I got 20 runs in with the Mustang between 1 PM and 3:30 PM. And that was with taking breaks to film and take pictures. The Mustang's 43.64 wasn't as quick as the Trans Am's 42.24, but I was surprised the fox had 43's in it.

I put a couple more videos up yesterday that I didn't link:

yellow Camaro convertible
aY0Y6hpLLCg

yellow Camaro (different car)
7zVOn3X63Rg

green Nova wagon
sHlWpTbQaek

Trans Am run 1, day 2 . . . terrible sound quality
l9cRLE1vsHw

Trans Am run 2, day 2
UdQrn8GGLBo

One of the Mustang's earlier runs, still in the higher 44's at that point
mkA_pM-t7aE

RobNoLimit
09-08-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtI9wqkJzzw

DynoDon
09-08-2010, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtI9wqkJzzw

Cool video Rob. You were hanging out at the camp next to us for a while (Jay the painter/Fred's custom wiring). Came over to say but you guys were BS ing and then you were gone. They had some killer BBQ there!!

406 Q-ship
09-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Well, The Falcon was apart so no Autocross for me this year. It looked like the course was awfully tight and everyone was pushing the front end pretty hard - but having a good time!
We didn't have anything worthy of partaking but had a great time and a pretty nice line up of cars at our camp.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/PICT00044-1.jpg

I didn't get by to see the collection but I did see the Thunderbird make a few laps around the grounds. I really love the Speedweek look of the T-bird. Is it a McCollough (sp?) supercharged 312?

DynoDon
09-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I didn't get by to see the collection but I did see the Thunderbird make a few laps around the grounds. I really love the Speedweek look of the T-bird. Is it a McCullough (sp?) supercharged 312?
Not sure the wife made too many laps around the fairgrounds, then again maybe she snuck out when I was drinking or BS ing. Her car is an original 312, single 4 barrel car. Wish it were an 'F' code McCullough car!

There was also the one parked with us (not in the picture) that is a vintage race car (road racer) that had the chopped down windshield, roll bar etc. Had huge lettering on the side that said FORD THUNDERBIRD in case anyone didn't know what it was LOL. Pretty weird dude that owns it, can't stop talking, but the car does have some race history. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/1955_Ford_Thunderbird_VIntage_Race_Car_F-1.jpg

RobNoLimit
09-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I think I have some picts of this car at Riverside in the 60's

79-TA
09-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Interesting. I've seen that Thunderbird at various local car shows and I've always thought it was pretty cool. It would have been even better if he took a lap around the cones with it.

406 Q-ship
09-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Yeap I was thinking of the other Black T-bird with the lettering, it is a pretty cool ride. BTW all you Ford people are weird :enguard: LOL

RobNoLimit
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
But it was a FORD that bested all comers in OC

DynoDon
09-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Interesting. I've seen that Thunderbird at various local car shows and I've always thought it was pretty cool. It would have been even better if he took a lap around the cones with it.

It's FOR SALE. He's asking $25k with no motor and it goes up from there. Has a few different race motors, from what he told us. I think he's pretty desperate so negotiating time is on

67zo6Camaro
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Rob, from NoLimit, taking me for a ride.

RobNoLimit
09-13-2010, 07:33 AM
hey, I still think this was the fastest car out there, just need some sticky rubber.

67zo6Camaro
09-16-2010, 09:50 AM
hey, I still think this was the fastest car out there, just need some sticky rubber.

Thanks Rob,

That means a lot coming from a guy with as much experience as you have.

RobNoLimit
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Next you need to come out to Adams on a tuesday night.