PDA

View Full Version : steering arm/afx spindle

PSV
08-07-2010, 05:29 PM
My AFX tall spindles will be deliver on Wednesday and I need to buy steering arms. My setup is 69 camaro, DSE upper and lower control arms, dse springs. Are these the correct steering arms?

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1967-69-Camaro-Steering-Arms,24953.html

I need to fit my 17x9, 275 tire and from my research need the short steering arms.

Thanks

67bird
08-09-2010, 03:50 AM
those don't look like short arms. You can go to Dave Pozzi's sight it have detailed pictures of what they look like. You may have a hard time finding a set. They are normally expensive. I think at one time L&H customs where thinking about making some for the AFX spindles. You may want to contact them. You may also call Blake or Roger as they sale the spindle and might possibly know where a set is or how to obtain them. Are you sure you need the shorts? They also have a medium and a long. The ones in the photo appear to be long. I know when I purchased my spindles I was hopping that ATS (Now owned by Speedtech) would have sold a steering arm that would work with their spindle.

dhutton
08-09-2010, 04:50 AM
eBay is a good place to find used short steering arms. L&H is also selling machined versions there if I remember right.

L & H Kustoms
08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
We are making the Z/28 short billet steering arms that do not have the geometry correction built in. They are designed to work on the ATS AFX spindle as well as the Ridetech spindles. They are $325 pr and we will have them within a few weeks. Just waiting on material and then we will begin machining them. We are taking pre orders now. I have 12 sets coming and 4 sets are already spoken for. Give us a call to get on the list if you are interested.

To the OP, you will need the "short" arm to use your 17" wheels.

PSV
08-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the replys and the info on Mr. Pozzi's sight. I guess I got lucky as the part number on my stock steering arms are correct for the short arms. I did not initially measure them as I figured they were not correct but they are the short ones. I guess my car must have originally had power steering. First time I get to actually reuse something, haha. Thanks again.