PDA

View Full Version : 13" Wilwood 4 piston Superlite brakes w/ ATS Spindles?????

Danksta14
08-06-2010, 12:50 PM
So i have 13" Wilwood disc brakes w the 4 piston superlite calipers. I want to run 18x9 inch tires up front w the ATS spindle set up or the PROBllet spindle set up. Before i go and purchase the ATS spindles i want to make sure they will fit with the Wilwood brake kit that i have. Anyone know if either of these spindles will fit w the brake kit? also...if these ATS spindles do fit what would be the best hub set-up i should go with?? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Big-Brake-Kit-CAMARO-67-69-13-4-piston-Wilwood-caliper-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ150421428823QQptZMotorsQ5f CarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2011wt_941

JustinB
08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
You will need a kit based off the C5/C6 Vettes.

Danksta14
08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
DO u know if the L&H tall spindle set-up will fit with 13" Wilwoods???

JustinB
08-06-2010, 01:40 PM
The L&H Spindle will work will a stock style brake setup. We are a dealer. Feel free to call for pricing.

Danksta14
08-06-2010, 01:50 PM
first I need to figure out what will work with what I have. then i can think about possibly placing a order w you. I have a 69 Camaro I want to run 18x9 up front..... I already have the brake kit...the 13'' wilwood kit.....i already have 2'' drop spindles but after reading about how horrible they run with big wheels/tires, I have set my sights on a new spindle set up that will work funtionally with my 13" Wilwood brake kit with 18x8 or 18x9 wheels that wont rub. It doesnt seem like there are many options? can anyone recommend the best spindle set up or best way that will work with what i have described?

Danksta14
08-06-2010, 02:15 PM
hey

ProdigyCustoms
08-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Those brakes will not work with the ATS spindle.

We have a stock spindle that will work just fine. As long as you have a set of aftermarket control arms, we can just drill a couple new holes in the subframe where the cross shaft mounts too help correct the camber gain and you can save $800 on spindles. Unless you are planning to win the Optima Challenge, you should be fine!

Danksta14
08-07-2010, 10:27 AM
lol, na Frank not trying to win the OPTIMA challenge. This is my first go at building/restoring a car, so really i am just trying to figure the ins and outs....I have the original stock spindle set up from the original car....will that work/or is that the same kit u have for sale? if it doesnt I will give u a call to order the stock spindle kit u are talking about....

ProdigyCustoms
08-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Your stock ones will work just fine.

L & H Kustoms
08-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Your stock ones will work just fine.

They will work ok if coupled with the guldstrand mod but why not get all the improved geometry of a tall spindle. You dont have to be out on the track to feel the benefits of a tall spindle over the g mod. Our Pro Billet™ spindles will work with your wilwood brakes. Also our billet steering arms will get rid of the unwanted bumpsteer found in the suspension. All of our customers have been extremely pleased with our spindles and steering arms as their cars stay planted in the curves. Feel free to to pm me or call if you have any questions.