PDA

View Full Version : Accel sensors MST, ESC

Denvervet
08-04-2010, 06:04 AM
I am wiring up my Acel DFI Gen 7 unit. What are most people doing with these particular sensors? My guess is they aren't hooked up for most applications but don't want to be stupid. Manifold surface temp & knock sensor. Knock sensor requires another module purchase to actually use.

ProdigyCustoms
08-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Manifold surface temp just needs to touch the manifold somewhere. The knock sensor can be skipped.

Denvervet
08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Thanks Frank

EFI69Cam
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
If you have the latest firmware, you can tell the DFI to ignore the MST I removed the MST wires completely from mine.

ProdigyCustoms
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
The MST has some value in that is measures the difference in inlet air temp and manifold surface temp for more accurate readings. Don't kill if you don't have too. just make it touch the manifold somewhere.

Denvervet
08-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I can't even find where to buy/get a mst sensor. Accel doesn't list one...none listed at the usual jegs, summit,etc
I have a intake air temp sensor already which everyone lists but no MST sensor. Any ideas? Can't imagine why the wiring would be there for something not available .....even googled and found nothing.

thedugan
08-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Should be the same sensor as the Coolant Temperature Sensor. Part Number 74765

MrForce
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
GM part # 15326386 / 25036979. it's the same as your existing coolant temp sensor. Can be disabled in the latest versions of the software (system/configuration) if you don't find it necessary, or don't like the looks of a sensor bracketed to your intake runner.

Rob

Hammered
08-04-2010, 06:48 PM
It's the same as the ECT as noted above. I found a smaller version for a Saturn application with straight thread that I put into a AC bracket hole on my manifold. It made a much cleaner install and should be giving me more accurate results.

Denvervet
08-04-2010, 07:39 PM
It's the same as the ECT as noted above. I found a smaller version for a Saturn application with straight thread that I put into a AC bracket hole on my manifold. It made a much cleaner install and should be giving me more accurate results.

Good idea what size thread? What yr&model d
Did you use?

Jim Nilsen
08-05-2010, 03:54 AM
The sensor should be on the list of parts that came with your kit. If you don't have it call them. The bracket can be made from aluminum angle or bent flat stock and is best and easiest if you mount it to the extra hole they have for the distributor lockdown. Slot the end that you are bolting down so it can be slid on and off .

If you need a pic I will get you one so you can see how I did it. I am assuming you have the SBC manifold.

You definately want to use it from what I have read. Every sensor helps and the mst will give you lots better control going from start up to closed loop.

Denvervet
08-05-2010, 05:55 AM
I bought this unit used . Temp sensors missing but other stuff all here . I have bbc single plane manifold. Jim, a pic of your MST bracket would be great. thanks

Hammered
08-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Good idea what size thread? What yr&model d
Did you use?

It's an ECT for a 2000-2004 Saturn 2.2 L and the model car shouldn't matter but an SL2/4 would have it. I don't recall the thread, but I think it was 10mm standard. I had the tap in one of my sets so it wasn't an oddball.

Attached is a picture of where it's mounted. The brass on the end is very thin so you don't want to crank it down too hard. I also put some thermal grease in the hole before installing it. This seemed to be an excellent spot for it because Accel said that the closer to the head is best.

Denvervet
08-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up Hammered