PDA

View Full Version : ls1 brakes on 69 camaro

sako
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey guys
Im gathering up all the parts i need for the ls1 brake swap and just want to know what else do i need and if it will work with the m/c that i have on the car. Current setup is disc/drum with willwood 7/8 bore m/c, manual setup. will the ls1 calipers work with the m/c, original proportioning block and lines? what other part do i need for disc/disc setup? I would like to keep the same lines and use fittings to adapt the brake lines to the hard lines. Any suggestions and problems with anything please let me know.

hifi875
08-03-2010, 06:15 PM
i am running a 1inch wilwood w/prop valve and ls1 ff/fr setup. your m/c should work better just get a prop valve

sako
08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
has anyone used this proprtioning valve?
I like the way it looks and want to keep it wilwood so it looks nice with the wilwood m/c.
It works with two m/c so i would have to cap the second inlet.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-260-11179/

Apogee
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
The Wilwood #260-11179 distribution block with adjustable proportioning valve and brake switch is a good unit for the money. You shouldn't have to plug anything since you have one inlet port for both the front and rear circuit and two outlet ports for the front and one for the rear, just like a conventional combination valve and/or distribution block. The "tandem" master cylinder just means that you have separate circuits for the front and rear brakes so that you would still have some brakes should one either the front or rear circuits fail catastrophically for some reason.

Tobin
KORE3