PDA

View Full Version : double adjustable vs. single adjustable

ROBS6T8
07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey guys and gals, I tried the "search" and didn't come up with an answer. My question... single or double adjustable? I'm looking at purchasing Varishocks for the vehicle. The car will be mostly a daily driver with a few trips to the autocross.
I have the Hotchkis 2" drop front springs and will be putting the 11/2" leafs in shortly. I have an email into Chassisworks with the some questions and have not heard back from them yet.
Seeing how money is an issue, would it be feasible to put singles all the way around. Maybe doubles up front and singles in the rear? I want this thing to handle at the autocross but I'm not ready to sink the money in for the full suspension set up, ie. links, control arms, etc.
Would Konis be sufficient with what I'm after?
Would the Varishock OE bolt ins work with the drops that I have front and rear? One of the questions I had asked them.
Thanks for the input.:fingersx:

ProdigyCustoms
07-29-2010, 06:51 PM
It was easiest to copy and answer in bold. We are varishock dealers, vary familiar with the product, install it in our shop.

single or double adjustable? I'm looking at purchasing Varishocks for the vehicle. The car will be mostly a daily driver with a few trips to the autocross. Double adjustable shocks are most beneficial in aggressive autocross, road race and drag race cars that are going for the throat, going for the win. The ability to control compression and rebound independently is great, but not very beneficial in a street car that is casually autocrossed.

I have the Hotchkis 2" drop front springs and will be putting the 11/2" leafs in shortly. I have an email into Chassisworks with the some questions and have not heard back from them yet.
Seeing how money is an issue, would it be feasible to put singles all the way around. Maybe doubles up front and singles in the rear? I would not put doubles anywhere, i would save the cost difference and use it somewhere else on the project.

I want this thing to handle at the autocross but I'm not ready to sink the money in for the full suspension set up, ie. links, control arms, etc. use the saved money for doubles for a Upper control arm. We can improve caster and camber drilling 4 holes and relocating of the control arm pivot point.

Would Konis be sufficient with what I'm after? I do like the simple multi adjust ability of the Vari Shocks over the Konis. the Konis have to be removed to adjust.

Would the Varishock OE bolt ins work with the drops that I have front and rear? Yes, we will speck them out to work for you with the drop you have

ROBS6T8
07-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the quick answers Frank. You're up awfully late this evening! lol These are the answers I was looking for. Single it is. I have already done the Guldstrand mod. Yes, that was one of the reasons I went with the Varis over the Konis, ease of adjusting. Plus Mary used them and liked them.