PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro RS Project

JCS68CamaroRS
07-28-2010, 08:36 AM
I love old muscle cars. But the problem has been, I have 4 children who also love old muscle cars. My daughter has been driving a '96 Camaro, my oldest son and I pieced together a basket case '67 Mustang, my second son and I got a '72 El Camino up and running, and my youngest son and I are just now finishing up a '56 Chevy stepside big window truck. My goal for each of these projects has been to make sure they are safe and that they run decently, and then let my kids fund and finish the project themselves in the way that they want. So we have focused on mechanical and safety items, and I have let the body and paint go unfinished. This is their challenge, not mine. Now it is time to turn my attention to my '68 RS Camaro. My plan is to make a well-handling, brute strength muscle car. I have already decided to put in a big block (no snickers, please - I know I am compromising handling a bit, but I want the torque only a big block can deliver), and will also redo both the front and rear suspensions. The car has been up on blocks since 2001, so I am looking forward to getting the project moving forward again. Hopefully being a member of this forum will help me figure out some of the issues I am sure to encounter.

martin 1768
07-28-2010, 09:43 AM
welcome to the forum.
hopefully i can do the same with my girls one day.
looking forward to see some pictures of the car
Martin

JCS68CamaroRS
07-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, it is a wonderful way to spend some quality time with my kids. And in the end, we have something we have done together that they can enjoy and look back on and say, "Hey, I did that with my dad!"