PDA

View Full Version : new wheels! (pics)

skeevay
05-11-2005, 09:14 PM
After 2 months my wheels & tires finally showed up! Colorado Custom Paradox 17 x 11 and 17 x 9 with Dunlop SP Sport 8000's 275/40/17 and 335/35/17's. Tell me what you guys think about the rear tire spacing....with no modifications the 335's fit with 1/2" clearance from frame to tire and 1/2" clearance from tire to fender. I am getting ready to start on the suspension (truck arm susp. likely) Is 1/2" clearance sufficient?

Travis B
05-12-2005, 04:11 AM
Looks good 1/2 is plenty of clearance

DJ Mabe
05-12-2005, 07:04 AM
I think the fitment looks perfect. Good wheel for that car. Nice job.

CAMAROBOY69
05-12-2005, 07:14 AM
The wheels look very nice. Quite similar to Budnik Famosas. 1/2" is definetly plenty. I am lucky if I have 1/8" in the back of my car. So far no major rubbing problems though. How about some rear shots of the 335. :hail:

ViperBlue68
05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=skeevay]! Colorado Custom Paradox 17 x 11 335/35/17's. Tell me what you guys think about the rear tire spacing....with no modifications the 335's fit [QUOTE]

:cool: What I think is I'm jealous!! NO MODS and the 335s clear??!!! MUST be nice!!! :worship:

Steve1968LS2
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Them thar are purty wheels!!

They remind me of the Budniks I had on my old car.. Fontanas..

colt zantop
05-12-2005, 01:36 PM
lookin good!

Ralph LoGrasso
05-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Lookin' good!! I'd say 1/2" should be okay.

vanzuuk1
05-12-2005, 02:50 PM
nice rims , and do i see an fzr600 in the backround?

Steve Chryssos
05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
So lemme get this straight:
You've got a real back seat AND you can fit 335's without frame mods?

You are a king. :hail:

Bill Howell
05-12-2005, 04:05 PM

You are a king. :hail:
Steve
That is a 65 big chevy I think. They are huge so I would guess so. Gotta love them big boats. I plan to retain my rear seat too.
Skip,
It looks great. Here you actually driven it yet? That is close, so be careful pushing into a corner until you are sure everything clears ok under normal driving conditions. :icon996:
Is this the car you need the wide 9" for? I was wondering what would need such a wide rear-lol

skeevay
05-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Thank you all for the compliments!

The wheels look very nice. Quite similar to Budnik Famosas. 1/2" is definetly plenty. I am lucky if I have 1/8" in the back of my car. So far no major rubbing problems though. How about some rear shots of the 335.

Adam, I actually looked into both the Budnik Famosas and the Billet Specialties Vintecs. They are all awesome wheels....I think I developed some grey hairs during my wheel decision making! I will try to get some shots from the rear.

What I think is I'm jealous!! NO MODS and the 335s clear??!!! MUST be nice!!!

Oops...Correction......I didnt modify the frame, but it didnt occur to me :doh: that it was modified before I owned it. There is normally a slight bulge from the spring pocket on the sides of the frame that have been shaved off. My uncle (previous owner) did this back in the seventies to fit N50 15's.

nice rims , and do i see an fzr600 in the backround?

indeed....1986 FZ600. Too bad it has to go.....need more funds to float the Impala boat!

You are a king. ...

[QUOTE]Steve
That is a 65 big chevy I think. They are huge so I would guess so. Gotta love them big boats. I plan to retain my rear seat too.
Skip,
It looks great. Here you actually driven it yet? That is close, so be careful pushing into a corner until you are sure everything clears ok under normal driving conditions.
Is this the car you need the wide 9" for? I was wondering what would need such a wide rear-lol[/QUOTE

If I built something without a back seat my 3 little ones would be very unhappy! :squint: :squint: :squint:

Bill,
Thanks, I am actually far from being able to drive the car and had intended on frame narrowing and tubbing when I ordered the tires. But who knows... if I can get by without doing all the extra work.....that would be great! :jump:

Yes, this is the car needing the wide rear. I once dreamed of having a car with a "narrowed rear end"..... :hmm: maybe I could put duals on it! lol.

rkcuda
05-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Those tire should not grow too much.
My Roadrunner needs 3/4 to 1 inch due to the amount the Slicks enlarge (grow) during a burnout. Due to your short sidewall (little tire growth) you are in great shape.

They look Awesome!:cool: