PDA

View Full Version : ATS Tall Spindles plus C6 Hubs

Gandalf
07-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Recently purchased some C6 Hubs for my ATS tall spindles on the convertible. The spindles have two upper bolt holes to bolt through from the rear to the hub face. The bottom of the 3 mounts has a stud mounted in the spindle. My problem is the hubs I received (new but aftermarket, not GM) have all 3 holes tapped. Before I go drilling out that bottom hole in the hub, just wondered if others have seen this and how they approached it?

Need to find out exactly what hardware I need to purchase for these also.

Thanks for the help,
G.

MrQuick
07-25-2010, 09:42 PM
ats uses a stud on the bottom so you will have to drill one of them out.

vince

David Pozzi
07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Just an FYI, you can't use the ZR1 hubs on the ATS spindle, there isn't room for a nut. The regular C6 hubs work though. Also the ZR1 hubs can't fit 1/2" ARP studs, 12mm ARP's will fit, the ZR1 hubs are thicker in the flange, the stud heads are countersunk, the 12mm studs have smaller heads that fit, the 1/2" ARP's have heads that are too large.
David

killer69
07-26-2010, 09:14 AM
if you give me a call i can sell you all the hardware you need to install the hubs
1-888-467-1625 Speedtech Performance

And yes you need to drill out the one hole with a 31/64 bit.
make sure that you check the wheel speed sensor routing prior to drilling as there is a left and rigth, the speed sensor should face forward.

67 ls1 vert
07-26-2010, 10:03 AM
make sure that you check the wheel speed sensor routing prior to drilling as there is a left and rigth, the speed sensor should face forward.

Dont mean to hijack this thread but was reading and learning and wanted to know if anyone has use the wheel speed sensor on their cars? I have it on my ATS set up also.

MrQuick
07-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Just an FYI, you can't use the ZR1 hubs on the ATS spindle, there isn't room for a nut. The regular C6 hubs work though. Also the ZR1 hubs can't fit 1/2" ARP studs, 12mm ARP's will fit, the ZR1 hubs are thicker in the flange, the stud heads are countersunk, the 12mm studs have smaller heads that fit, the 1/2" ARP's have heads that are too large.
David
ZOIKS! Thats very good to know....back to the drawing board.

Vince

EFI69Cam
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Not to hijack... But will the ZR1 hub work on the uprights DSE uses on their subframe?

killer69
07-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Thats because DSE uprights are Factory off the shelf Corvette units that use all 3 mounting bolts that come in from the back side. on the ATS spindle the lower mounting bolt (which is now a stud) is right behind the lower ball joint and a through bolt is not possible.

Gandalf
08-09-2010, 06:32 PM
if you give me a call i can sell you all the hardware you need to install the hubs
1-888-467-1625 Speedtech Performance

And yes you need to drill out the one hole with a 31/64 bit.

Thanks for hooking me up Blake - looking forward to receiving the hardware next week.

Cheers!
G.

Gandalf
08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Helpful info as always David - I almost decided to fancy-it-up with ARP hardware there for a sec until I read your post. I will keep it simple.

Cheers!