PDA

View Full Version : GTO rear end sag

Nicks67GTO
07-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Im in the process of mocking up some stuff on my 67' GTO to get it ready for an engine next spring. I noticed that the driverside rear is sagging really bad. Like 2 inches lower than the passenger side. I did some measuring and nothing seems to be out of wack but the driverside spring is compressed much more than the passenger side. And the rear shock is compressed 1" more than the passenger side. There nothing loaded in the car or the trunk and nothing that would cause it to be this lopsided. The car has been sitting for 10 years. It has absolutly NO rust at all. What would ccause somthing like this? I remember it allways had a little bit of a lean tward the driver side but i never paid much attention to it {i was a dumb 18 yr old then}

Could the old stock springs/shocks just be shot in back? I did notice that the bushings were toast. I fully intend on doing a complete street suspension upgrade at some point. Maybe ill have to do it before i hit the road next summer?

MrQuick
07-25-2010, 08:10 AM
yep most likely worn suspension components. if you had just replaced the springs then i'd say you had a spring out of pocket.

vince