PDA

View Full Version : Braided brake lines for G body ....

85GPLEf41
07-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I am trying to button up my C5 brake upgrade. Since my original rubber brake lines are dry rotted, i want to upgrade them to the braided stainless steel ones BUT which ones work better? Should i order them for a G body or C5 Vette? I also want to replace the rear one as well.
Thanks.

ErikLS2
07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Tobin at kore3.com will have the hoses you need with the correct ends on them so you just have to connect them, no adapters or anything.

85GPLEf41
07-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks will look into ordering the kit BUT i have a stupid question on the kit. It says the rear line is for a "rear axle drop" does that mean the rear line is longer? I may be dropping my car 1" with the Hotchkis coils. Right now i am using some Fbody coils but don't have the rims to clear C5 calipers on the front. So if the line is longer would that present any issues? Also i am looking into upgrading the drums to Corvette discs when i rebuild the rear axle. Why are the brake lines so long? I can see the 2 front and the one from the chassis to axle but what are the other two long lines for? Sorry for the stupid questions
here is a the link: i am looking for at the 5 piece kit.
http://www.kore3.com/products.php?cat=21

a67
07-23-2010, 05:07 AM
The "rear axle drop" line is simply the line between the frame and the axle housing. Nothing to do with lowering or such.

For lines, there are the 2 front lines. The axle drop line, then 2 lines from the rear axle hard lines to the rear calipers.

Bob.