PDA

View Full Version : Car is painted, time to put it back together

DJ Mabe
05-11-2005, 05:18 AM
I finally got the car out of paint. Looks pretty good, we haven't wet sanded or buffed the car yet so It's not exactly perfect. The problem I'm having is putting the headlight buckets back on the car (never done this before). I can't seem to get to one of the screws at the top inside portion (toward the radiator at the top) of the lamp. Any ideas how to get into this tight spot? If anyone has put these on a 67 Mustang before please let me know. Here's a couple of pics of the car and the headlamp.

Thanks
Derrick

Happyfunballs
05-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow, looks good, so does the garage. Can't help with the screws.

CAMAROBOY69
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
That is sooo sick!!!!! What color is that silver from?? Im working on a 67 Mustang Coupe right now and I dont remember seeing a single problem with the headlight bucket screws. Are you sure you have alll your parts? Mabey a shorter screw. Smaller screw driver?
That looks like the exact silver I picked for my 69 Camaro.

DJ Mabe
05-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys! The silver is a titanium silver from a 94 Lambo. I first saw it on a Superformance Cobra. I'll post more pics this weekend in the sun. The headlight bucket screw is a stud. You have three thread studs on the bucket that mount into the front fender. I just have to get the nut threaded onto the stud. Problem is there's not much room for my hand to get between the top of the fender and the bucket. Let me know if you know what I'm talking about. I didn't have a hard time getting it off but threading the nut is a different story.

yody
05-11-2005, 07:52 PM
WOW! if that was my garage, the walls would be black in about a week! nice garage and car. can't help you on the bolts either, but how come the roll bar is so high up?

DJ Mabe
05-11-2005, 08:14 PM
The bar clears the top by a couple of inches. It's what was required for me to run the car at the track. I've already been kicked out of the track when the car ran low 10's and was all over the track with out any bar at all. It may look higher because the car is sitting too high in the rear. It will be lowered before all is done. Also, the garage is getting painted soon. Don't know if I can do black walls though?

yody
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
the black would of been from greasy fingers!

DJ Mabe
05-12-2005, 05:09 AM
Gotcha! Man how did I not get that. Sorry dude, I'm a little slow, take it easy on me. ;)