PDA

View Full Version : SALE! Marquez Design Packages.

CG3D
07-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Sale ended 8/1/10

DarkoNova
07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
So how exactly do you close the doors with no door pulls?

Matt

CG3D
07-16-2010, 09:36 PM
You can install a door pull.
We always have recommended the Lokar pulls:
eg...
http://www.lokar.com/product-descriptions/mns-doorhandles-pulls.htm
From the start, we designed the doors and the door surfaces to integrate the pulls.
They are small, nicely made and discreet. They do not require additional parts and pieces and do not detract from the aesthetic of the new door panel...

Hope this helps...

Chris

ModernMuseum
07-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Can these pieces be painted, or is it better to have them upholstered? What do most people typically do?

I'm guessing it's an extra couple hundred bucks to get them upholstered.

Is that rear piece that only piece that is required back there for either a hard top/convertible? The stockers require several pieces.

OLDFLM
07-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Marquez designed their panels for the Do-It-Yourselfer! Just need an can or two of GM or 3M spray adhesive, a razor blade and some patience! There are tons of "How to cover" threads on the net if you search too... had mine done inexpensively by the local stereo shop FWIW... planning to redo the inserts myself with some black carbon fiber cloth I just got from 69MSA to match the cf dash panel in my car... thanks again Matt!

ModernMuseum
07-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Sweet. How does the modified door handle linkage connect to the factory mechanicals?

Yours look painted in that photo. Was that pre-upholstery?

daredvl22
07-29-2010, 08:06 AM
You can install a door pull.
We always have recommended the Lokar pulls:
eg...
http://www.lokar.com/product-descriptions/mns-doorhandles-pulls.htm
From the start, we designed the doors and the door surfaces to integrate the pulls.
They are small, nicely made and discreet. They do not require additional parts and pieces and do not detract from the aesthetic of the new door panel...

Hope this helps...

Chris

Chris,

I'm curious to know why you didn't design the door panels to include door pulls? All this design work and no way to properly close the door, ... unless of course you buy aftermarket pieces to go with this set up. Just seems incomplete, especially considering the addition of a machined part would be so easy for you guys to create. Don't take this the wrong way, I love your stuff. I actually have some of your parts on my shelf waiting to go on my build, when the time is right. It just seems like you avoided the door pulls because you were either in a hurry to go to market, or didn't really care. Either way, it's a little disappointing...

CG3D
07-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Can these pieces be painted, or is it better to have them upholstered? What do most people typically do?

I'm guessing it's an extra couple hundred bucks to get them upholstered.

Is that rear piece that only piece that is required back there for either a hard top/convertible? The stockers require several pieces.

They can be painted, however most customers typically wrap them in a vinyl or leather. If you are looking to give it a go yourself, vinyl is usually a cheaper way to go and a little easier to work with.

On the rear quarters, the parts supplied really are all that is needed. They (and the doors) come with an insert piece which you can also cover separately.

Chris

CG3D
07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Sweet. How does the modified door handle linkage connect to the factory mechanicals?

Yours look painted in that photo. Was that pre-upholstery?

We supply you with the correct rods, pins and clips to connect everything.

Chris

CG3D
07-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Chris,

I'm curious to know why you didn't design the door panels to include door pulls? All this design work and no way to properly close the door, ... unless of course you buy aftermarket pieces to go with this set up. Just seems incomplete, especially considering the addition of a machined part would be so easy for you guys to create. Don't take this the wrong way, I love your stuff. I actually have some of your parts on my shelf waiting to go on my build, when the time is right. It just seems like you avoided the door pulls because you were either in a hurry to go to market, or didn't really care. Either way, it's a little disappointing...

Quite the opposite. As I said, the doors were designed with the pulls in mind.
We wanted it to still function correctly in the same way as a factory panel, in that the pull is both a functional 'pull' and that it acts as a center anchor point for the panel.
Years back when we introduced them, there was nothing like this on the market. The pro-touring market was really 'un-tested'. We had a lot fewer parts and way less development capabilities than we do now. There was no real frame of market reference for either cost or desirability. With a brand new part, much consideration has to be given to what a 'majority' of customers may want. We wanted a pull which was relatively inexpensive and did not destroy the lines of the panel. Could we have created something ourselves, absolutely...would it have increased the initial cost for both ourselves and the customer in an un-tested market....absolutely.
The pull we recommend is relatively inexpensive and unobtrusive.

Remember, we are far from 'done' with development of door panels and interior parts...we have more on the way in terms of both additions to existing lines of product, expanding options for what we offer, and as always brand new ideas.

I hope this (perhaps) answers your question. Don't worry about us taking it the wrong way! We understand completely and welcome opinion...when you are first to put a product out there, you automatically open it up to critique. That is the nature of the industry.

Chris

daredvl22
07-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Chris,

Thanks for the response. I spoke to Judas about interioir kit awhile back, but at that time it wasn't completely ready. I also talked to a few of your guys, maybe you!,...can't remember at SEMA last year. Unfortunately you didn't have the '69 Camaro with you at that event, missed it from the previous year. However, I did spend about an hour or so talking to Josh and his DC '69 Camaro at the show. He showed me his interior and it turned out great. Anyway, looks great and keep us posted on what's new to come related to the interior "additions". I'm sure I'll use this set up in my build.