PDA

View Full Version : SoCal: Time attack tuesdays

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chad-1stGen
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey guys,

I heard about this from Rob McGregor while at the Pleasanton goodguys show.

Its on a track in Riverside. He said it's a lot of fun and I'm thinking about checking it out tonight. Would be great to get a few people together to go one of these Tuesdays,

Its every other Tuesday.

http://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/racing/time-attackgrip/

PS I really like the fact you can bring a passenger. This has to be at least as intense as a goodguys peanut and I'm guessing moreso.

EDIT:

Here is a video I found online. Looks like ~50 seconds to a min a lap. Not a big track but for $20 looks like fun.
9ICcHKlGIaU&NR=1
spkt02OlYRQ

Chad-1stGen
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
No takers eh? c'mon SoCal peeps this place is fun and apparnetly its EVERY Tuesday instead of just every other. Maybe we could get a once a month gathering of PT cars at this place.

I wasn't able to leave as early as I planned so I got there in time to only run the last of the 3 sessions. So here is what I learned about how the place works.

It costs $3 per person general entry to get into the place. To run your car costs $20 a session and you can have a passenger for an additional $10. I'm not sure the passenger has to pay each time if you run more than one session.

They run three sessions. Each session you start off with two parade laps and to feel out the track. You then pull back into the pits. You then get three timed laps. The way the laps work is you pull out of the pits (which are about 1/3 before start/finish) and do a warm up lap that because of the pit location works about to be about 1.3 laps. You cross the start/finish at speed and do your timed lap. You then do about a half of a lap to cool down and pull back into the pits.

So for $20 you can get a decent amount of seat time.

The three sessions run around the following times.
~5:45 - 7:15 (can get an extra timed lap depending on how many cars in this group)
~7:30 - 8:30
~8:30 - 9:30

There is a pretty decent mix of cars there but the most popular car there is the miata by far. There was a cool LS powered miata laying down some nice times and sounding sweet going around the track.

So the layout is the "optional course" pictured here with one modification I point out:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

So, how did I do? Well like I mentioned above I got there late so I had to run in the 8:00 group which ran from around 8:30-9:30. It was dark so the nervousness factor went up quite a bit and as you will see in the video Jenni took I dipped a tire off on my first timed lap. It's not to bad running in the dark but next time I will try to get some day time runs too.

I ran a 52.19, 51.33 and 51.84 on my three timed laps. So I was around 4th fastest in my group of 13 cars. My group had 3 or 4 miatas and 3 BMW's (E30, E36 and E46) so I'm pretty happy with my run times for my first time out and being in the dark!

Here is a video Jenni took holding by hand so its a bit shaky:

LTJOXYnT5Sg

Some things of note.

Start finish line first appears at about the 20 second mark.
My timed lap starts around 1:15 in.
I ran all 3 of my sessions in 2nd gear the whole time. I was just taching out on the back stretch if I took the corner well. This puts my speed at about 60mph.

Overall, this place was a ton of fun! I'd love to get more peeps out there!

Calling out
Hollywood (aka Carl)
Doug
Karl
Aron
Mike
Steve
Nick
and whoever else I'm currently forgetting

Nessumsar
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Looks awesome! Its cool that they have late sessions, I will have to get out there sometime. We should get a group together and caravan out there, get a little PT session going on. I like the monthly get together idea.

rrunner68
07-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Looks fun, we should make a date of it, like a month or so out from now.
Its about a 2 hour drive for me, an hour and a half if I leave from work.

Bryce
07-14-2010, 09:25 PM
looks awesome, looks like a lot of fun!

79-TA
07-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't remember if I suggested this track in a post before, but it's something we should definitely do. Pick a Tuesday and I'll see how early I can get out there. Matt and Jon, what Tuesday is good for you guys?

LM7_67
07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Chad, that is so freakin' cool. I need to make a quick trip out to Cali one of these Tuesdays to meet up with y'all

CarlC
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Humm.....But, the car is out of action for a while.

Chad-1stGen
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Ok Carl spill the beans! Whatcha up to?

I'm probably going back to this place the week after next on 7/27 if anyone else wants to join.

For a night to try and get a lot of people together how about August 10th?

Nessumsar
07-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Carl, take the Willys!! Why is the car out of commision?

Brett, I don't really plan that far in advance, I would say pick a date that is a couple weeks out and I should be good!

Matt@BOS
07-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Chad, I'd probably be up for going next time you head out there, provided I don't decide to take my car apart for some reason. I really want to see what the last round of modifications has done to my car, and this looks like fun, especially for $20.

Oh, and a couple questions. Did you get any un-timed, warm up laps, and would you be willing to run multiple sessions?
*edit* nevermind, I didn't read, and realize you wrote that everyone goes on a couple parade laps.

Matt

CarlC
07-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Muhahahahah.

Nessumsar
07-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Keeping secrets now are we? Thats acting like a grown-up. hah :slap:

69sponge
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Im only 20 minutes from Adams.. pick a date and ill get approval from upper management.........Paul

Steven
07-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I'll have the time next month and the price is right. Not too long of a drive from the High Desert, but the fun would be worth it.

79-TA
07-17-2010, 12:05 PM
How about a week from Tuesday, July 27th? Any takers?

79-TA
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
That's a week from tomorrow. Anyone?

rrunner68
07-20-2010, 07:17 AM
I'll have to see if I have the c-note to blow on gas and fees.

406 Q-ship
07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
I cannot do the 27, because I am taking the day off of work on the 26 before. I wish I had read this a week ago I would have taken the 27 instead. The Malice Malibu just got reassembled from being apart for the last two weeks. I have been working on it for the last month. All that is left is to align the front end.

Nessumsar
07-20-2010, 08:52 AM
What all did you do to Malice?

406 Q-ship
07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Stuff........:naughty:

Nessumsar
07-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Man, both C/Karls are keeping secrets!

chr2002ca
07-20-2010, 10:07 AM
That's looks like a fun track. I'd be down for that. I'm about an hour away from there. It's a bit of a haul during rush hour traffic from San Diego so the mid or late session would be good for me. I'll keep my eye on this thread and see when you guys set a date.

406 Q-ship
07-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Man, both C/Karls are keeping secrets!

The question is are we both in a conspircacy with each other........look black helicopters!

DFRESH
07-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Can't believe I missed this until now---I'm so in---just tell me when you are headed out again and I'm on board.

Doug

CarlC
07-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I just put on another layer of tin foil around my noggin.

Nessumsar
07-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Looks like the 27th may work, we shall see.

Matt@BOS
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I'd be down for the 27th. I just about broke my spanner wrench and wrist cranking up my coilovers, but I'm ready to go out and break some more parts. Yeah!!

Doug, I think you should notify the rest of the Socal "mousepack" and tell them to assemble next Tuesday!

Chris, if you're leaving from San Diego, how do you feel about a traffic jam caravan up there?

Matt

TCI Engineering
07-20-2010, 02:53 PM
If you guys go next Tuesday I'll stop by to spectate since it is on my way home from work.

I've been trying to get Sal to take the Camaro out there for months now. I saw a vid not too long ago of an S2K running a 45 flat out there that I forwarded over to him trying to get him fired up. Not so much.

-J

Nessumsar
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Doug, I think you should notify the rest of the Socal "mousepack" and tell them to assemble next Tuesday!

Matt

Love it!

We need some stickers now.

rrunner68
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
WTF mouse pac?
But I just realized that this is in like a week. Sounds fun. Should be good.

Chad-1stGen
07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
As mentioned in one of my posts I was already planning on hitting the track again on the 27th. So I'm for sure in that day!

I thought people might need more notice so I threw out an August date too. However, it sounds like at least a few of us can hit it in a week.

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Chad-1stGen
07-20-2010, 03:30 PM
If you guys go next Tuesday I'll stop by to spectate since it is on my way home from work.

I've been trying to get Sal to take the Camaro out there for months now. I saw a vid not too long ago of an S2K running a 45 flat out there that I forwarded over to him trying to get him fired up. Not so much.

-J

Got a link to the video? 45 seconds is haulin. The LS1 miata out there last week was turning some times like that, it was awesome

rsk68
07-20-2010, 04:16 PM
I just put on another layer of tin foil around my noggin.

Carl that is some funny $@%t,

I think i may be able to do this one, is there an address or did i miss it! I,m a little concerned if there was some off track excursion, dosnt look like much room!

carl i could drive my car to work tuesday and you can drive down with me?

rsk68
07-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Ok i just mapped it out, looks like in traffic it could be 3 hours plus to drive down, i dont think so! Bummer!

69sponge
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Im good to go for the 27th.

Steven
07-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm free for August and then some.

TCI Engineering
07-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Got a link to the video? 45 seconds is haulin. The LS1 miata out there last week was turning some times like that, it was awesome

Here ya go! He looks a little sloppy in some areas too. The speedo hits 74 mph on the straight. :spank2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp3wkIJKkHY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp3wkIJKkHY)

chr2002ca
07-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I'd be down for the 27th. I just about broke my spanner wrench and wrist cranking up my coilovers, but I'm ready to go out and break some more parts. Yeah!!

Chris, if you're leaving from San Diego, how do you feel about a traffic jam caravan up there?

Matt

That sounds like a great idea. I'll PM you.

Matt@BOS
07-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Think I sent you a message, (or two on accident) Chris, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, do we have have any idea when everyone is going to try to meet up? Are some of you guys going to be there for the first session, second, or third? Also is anyone planning on running two sessions if they let people do that?

Matt

Nessumsar
07-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Still not sure if I will be able to attend, but if I did it would have to be one of the later sessions; as I don't get off of work until 5.

chr2002ca
07-21-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd like to shoot for the 1st or 2nd session. Running at night in the 3rd session doesn't seem like too much fun. I can barely see straight in the daytime, much less at night. Plus, AAA might have more trouble loading my car onto the trailer at night when the engine, transmission, and rear axle implode simultaneously. :thankyou:

Nessumsar
07-21-2010, 01:56 PM
I want to be there to see that!

DFRESH
07-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I'd like to shoot for the 1st or 2nd session. Running at night in the 3rd session doesn't seem like too much fun. I can barely see straight in the daytime, much less at night. Plus, AAA might have more trouble loading my car onto the trailer at night when the engine, transmission, and rear axle implode simultaneously. :thankyou:

LOL man--you are killing me--between this and the fudge packer comment----between your AAA and mine we could get it all back to your place.

Doug

DFRESH
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Why don't you guys spin by and pick me up along the way? I'll caravan with you guys the rest of the way---let me know---

Doug

406 Q-ship
07-21-2010, 03:32 PM

I'll bring the popcorn!

I'm in the same boat about the off work at 5pm, so if you want to hook up with me around the 91 fwy. We will be lucky to get there for the 2nd session though.

chr2002ca
07-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Why don't you guys spin by and pick me up along the way? I'll caravan with you guys the rest of the way---let me know---

Doug

That'd be cool, but I think Matt and I's best route would be inland, taking the 15 to the 215 to the 60. It's a short jump for us to get on the 15 since it's close to us down here. Going inland helps us avoid the awful 91 and it's actually shorter for us that way. Taking this route doesn't really give us a chance to meet up with you anywhere until we're basically there. :(

Matt, if you have some inside information on why the 15-215-60 route would be a bad idea, feel free to chime in.

chr2002ca
07-21-2010, 05:21 PM

With my luck it's very possible, so you guys have that popcorn ready. :)

Matt@BOS
07-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Running at night would be bad, especially if you were after me and couldn't see all the gear oil my car puked onto the track.

Doug, we were thinking of meeting over at Best of Show and then heading up along 15, but we could go the other way instead and swing by and pick you up. I'd have to figure out how bad traffic would be to make the detour. I'm guessing going along 5 to a toll road then 91 and 60, etc would really suck. In fact if you want a scenic drive you could go across 74 up to Perris and meet us there. We have a ton of options, I'm just not sure any of them would work well.

Oh and as far as I know, Chris is right, 15-215-60 would probably work best. I know 15 isn't that bad headed north once outside of San Diego. Not sure what 215 is like...

Lastly, Don, if you're going you're more than welcome to meet up with us to make the drive up, if you want.

Matt

DFRESH
07-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Haters. See u there.:spank2:

TCI Engineering
07-22-2010, 07:53 AM
There are two inclines on the 215 that can slow you down a little, one just past the 15/215 split, the other is just past Canyon Lake. Most people just can't seem to climb either one at speed and it is only two lanes wide. You may encounter a few brake lights there but otherwise it should be smooth sailing in the direction you guys are traveling.

Oh and watch for the CHP hiding on the onramps. Don't ask me how I know. :nopity:

-J

Matt@BOS
07-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Haters. See u there.:spank2:

Fine, like...whatever man. Be that way. I've done some upgrades and will be gunning for that old Peg legger of yours. Hope for your sake that have those new secret protoype rear Baer brakes on by Tuesday.

Matt

chr2002ca
07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Fine, like...whatever man. Be that way. I've done some upgrades and will be gunning for that old Peg legger of yours. Hope for your sake that have those new secret protoype rear Baer brakes on by Tuesday.

Matt

Yah Doug, what he said. And I have new rod bearings so I should easily be able to run one good lap. You better bring it buddy.

Matt, I just chatted with Doug and we're thinking that getting on the road really early(3pm'ish) to beat the heaviest part of the traffic would be ideal for both our groups, and then we can just eat an early dinner in the area while we're waiting for it to start and be primed for the early sessions. Is that too early for you?

Matt@BOS
07-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Ok, leaving earlier sounds good. I'm not afraid to admit I have the eyes of a feeble old person. So daylight and less traffic is a win-win.

Matt

Nessumsar
07-22-2010, 02:42 PM
I'll bring the popcorn!

I'm in the same boat about the off work at 5pm, so if you want to hook up with me around the 91 fwy. We will be lucky to get there for the 2nd session though.

Still not sure about attending, but where on the 91 are you? I would be coming from the 605/405 area.

Chad-1stGen
07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Ok so headcount for next Tuesday 7/27 appears to be as follows. Please speak up if you don't think you can make it or think you can. This is looking to have a great turnout!

Brett H. (79-TA)
John R (Nessumsar) - Maybe?
Matt A (69MSA)
-J (TCI Engineering) - Coming out to spectate
Dan W (rrunner68) - ?
Doug R (DFresh)
69Sponge
Chris R (chr2002ca)
EDIT: Forgot myself lol... Chad R

Would be great to have more peeps out there.

I'll be leaving from the same area as Jon (405/605) so if Jon comes or anyone else in that area we can possible meet up. I plan to leave early (maybe 3:00ish) to beat the godawful traffic on 91 east in the afternoon. I also plan to stay for all 3 sessions even if I don't run all 3 so I can watch too. Nighttime is for sure scarrier but remember even taking it easy on a track is more fun that not running at all! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

DFRESH
07-22-2010, 04:00 PM

Matt

Dude, you better school me out there---my left rear shock is still blown---never did get it fixed. Maybe the one legger will help offset it--LOL. This should be fun for sure---I plan on coming in last on this course time wise, but I will be having a blast for sure.

Doug

The WidowMaker
07-22-2010, 05:05 PM
safety requirements and tech inspection? i can't find any listed.

rrunner68
07-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I'm in as long as nothing catastrophic happens this weekend at SCCA practice on Saturday. I can get off work when I need to and could jump in with the 15-215-60 group in/near Fallbrook. What ever is easiest for you guys.

Chad-1stGen
07-22-2010, 06:31 PM
safety requirements and tech inspection? i can't find any listed.

You know I'm not sure. I looked for that too and finally just figured if I passed all the others I've been to recently I'll pass this one. When they did tech my car the only two things I noticed them checking were for the throttle return spring and that the battery was mounted down.

Matt@BOS
07-22-2010, 07:48 PM
I plan on coming in last on this course time wise, but I will be having a blast for sure.

Doug

Oh sure Doug, you're always pretty quick out on the track. I suppose you're one of those, "under promise, over deliver" types then. I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.

Also, as per safety, is and open face helmet fine? I'm guessing it is since they seem so lax about tech and all of that good stuff.

Matt

P.S. What is the Stig up to? He's been conspicuously absent from this post. I'm guessing he is busy...

Chad-1stGen
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.

ah ha ha ha I can just picture it! Matt's hitting with both barrels in this thread!

Also, as per safety, is and open face helmet fine? I'm guessing it is since they seem so lax about tech and all of that good stuff.

I *think* I saw some open face helmets while there. I'm pretty sure it wont be a problem. They even have helmets there for people to use if they don't have one.

P.S. What is the Stig up to? He's been conspicuously absent from this post. I'm guessing he is busy...

I did receive a mysterious txt from him this week with an LS looking block...

DFRESH
07-22-2010, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=69MSA;698800]Oh sure Doug, you're always pretty quick out on the track. I suppose you're one of those, "under promise, over deliver" types then. I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.

It's the alignment---got the hella flush settings on this bad boy just for this event. Going to blow the RR shock tomorrow so that I have a matching pair. Me and my 235 drag ready front runners are ready to rock girls---be ready.

Yeah, where the heck is STIG? Going to text him tomorrow and find out what is up. Did he score a lady friend perhaps?

Doug

LM7_67
07-22-2010, 09:36 PM
you guys cool with an AZ guy joining the fun? :cheers::6gears:

chr2002ca
07-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Oh sure Doug, you're always pretty quick out on the track. I suppose you're one of those, "under promise, over deliver" types then. I'll bet you have driving gloves and shoes that you wear everyday, then hide for these events.

I would have to agree. Doug is usually very quick at the track.

Matt, you're very close with your bet. I stopped by his house one morning when he was helping me with a tow and he came outside with his race gloves and race shoes on and he was eating cereal out of his racing helmet. I think it was Fruity Pebbles. :spank2:

Looks like we got a decent size group coming. Excellent. More witnesses. :)

chr2002ca
07-23-2010, 06:16 AM

Of course!

chr2002ca
07-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I'm in as long as nothing catastrophic happens this weekend at SCCA practice on Saturday. I can get off work when I need to and could jump in with the 15-215-60 group in/near Fallbrook. What ever is easiest for you guys.

Sounds good. We should be making our way through that area around 3:20ish. Just let us know which exit off the 15 is good for you and we'll pull off and meet you there.

-The Stig-
07-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Matt

Been super busy with work lately...

I did receive a mysterious txt from him this week with an LS looking block...

Muwahaha... I call it 'lil screamy'

Yeah, where the heck is STIG? Going to text him tomorrow and find out what is up. Did he score a lady friend perhaps?

Doug

lol...

This would be so much fun... if I didn't work nights. lol

You know, I'll look into my schedule... being that I drive a work truck 99% of the time and need the tools that are in it for what I do it's hard to bring the G8 to work. Although we're at a job site for a few days next week, so I can potentially leave my tools on site... and bring the G-Ocho...

Should make for an interesting conversation with my Supervisor......

And with all the night driving I do, I've got this 'ish on lock down. :2nd:

Btw, Doug said he's buying dinner... :fingersx:

I have a copy of a text he sent me... "I'm buying dinner."

See... in writing. I'm getting it notarized. By this afternoon it'll be legit.

Dougs bummed.

TCI Engineering
07-23-2010, 07:06 AM

:cheers:

I will be headed the same direction as you when you leave.

-J

Nessumsar
07-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make this one boys...

But, you never know...

-The Stig-
07-23-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make this one boys...

But, you never know...

The Traffic out there would suck, but... if I'm willing to make the trek, you gotta.

Plus you'll have Karl and Chad to caravan back with.

Plus, Dougs buying dinner.

Nessumsar
07-23-2010, 08:51 AM
We shall see.

Getting off at 5 sucks, and there just isn't a good way to get there that time of the day...

Not to mention Sandra gets home from a week-long business trip Monday night.

rrunner68
07-23-2010, 09:11 AM
-cough- call work -cough- play hookie -cough-

Chad-1stGen
07-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Here ya go! He looks a little sloppy in some areas too. The speedo hits 74 mph on the straight. :spank2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp3wkIJKkHY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp3wkIJKkHY)

Cool video. That dude definitely doesn't lack for aggression lol! However, its not an apples to apples comparison to compare lap times now to then because of the artificial tire chicane on the back stretch they have now but didn't when he ran. Without it 70+mph back straight speeds would be fairly easy for my meager motor lol.

TCI Engineering
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Cool video. That dude definitely doesn't lack for aggression lol! However, its not an apples to apples comparison to compare lap times now to then because of the artificial tire chicane on the back stretch they have now but didn't when he ran. Without it 70+mph back straight speeds would be fairly easy for my meager motor lol.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of the layout change. I looked around the website for a fastest times list and didn't see anything.

-J

Chad-1stGen
07-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Not that I'd suddenly gain 5+ seconds from the elimination of one lil ol chicane ha ha

406 Q-ship
07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Not that I'd suddenly gain 5+ seconds from the elimination of one lil ol chicane ha ha

So drive straight through those tires.....I mean come on there just tires. That would be a good apples to apples test.

Matt@BOS
07-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I would have to agree. Doug is usually very quick at the track.

Matt, you're very close with your bet. I stopped by his house one morning when he was helping me with a tow and he came outside with his race gloves and race shoes on and he was eating cereal out of his racing helmet. I think it was Fruity Pebbles. :spank2:

Looks like we got a decent size group coming. Excellent. More witnesses. :)

Really, Fruity Pebbles? Is that an allusion to the whole fudgepack thing? Because if so, that is going too far. Say what you will about the hellaflush stance or gaps on the man's car. But to call out his character like this, well that is another thing. Ordinarily I'd have your side here, but let's be honest, Doug is gonna kick our asses Tuesday, and then things could be really awkward.

Oh, and Stig, how are the prospects looking for making it out? Will Jeremy Clarkson and the BBC let you off?

Matt

chr2002ca
07-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Ordinarily I'd have your side here, but let's be honest, Doug is gonna kick our asses Tuesday, and then things could be really awkward.
Matt

Trust me, I'm counting on Doug kicking our asses. The man can flat out drive that one-legger of his. That's why I'm trying to get my shots in now! He'll have plenty of time to get back at me when we're loading my car back onto the AAA truck after 3 laps. :thankyou:

DFRESH
07-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Let's be honest here----I was eating Coco Pebbles--that fits better with the whole Fudge packing thingy--. I can't explain the gloves/shoes thing when you came over---I don't like to talk about it.

I have nothing in my text sent items concerning dinner---however, should Jon and Stig make it, I would now feel obligated to pay--especially since Stig just bought Tyler's friend's GMR motor.

I have a blown shock---and i'm only fast on peanut courses because I don't have to get out of first gear. The only reason Chad went and found this place is to run me into the ground because he knows I will finally have to move my shifter into second gear. He's been going to this track for over a year now in prep for this moment. :2nd:

I will not wear gloves or racing shoes---those of you that do will definetly be called FP's for sure---. Riverside------is anyone going to be packin? :machine:

Doug

Roadbuster
07-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Ok so headcount for next Tuesday 7/27 appears to be as follows. Please speak up if you don't think you can make it or think you can. This is looking to have a great turnout!

Brett H. (79-TA)
John R (Nessumsar) - Maybe?
Matt A (69MSA)
-J (TCI Engineering) - Coming out to spectate
Dan W (rrunner68) - ?
Doug R (DFresh)
69Sponge
Chris R (chr2002ca)
EDIT: Forgot myself lol... Chad R

Would be great to have more peeps out there.

I'll be leaving from the same area as Jon (405/605) so if Jon comes or anyone else in that area we can possible meet up. I plan to leave early (maybe 3:00ish) to beat the godawful traffic on 91 east in the afternoon. I also plan to stay for all 3 sessions even if I don't run all 3 so I can watch too. Nighttime is for sure scarrier but remember even taking it easy on a track is more fun that not running at all! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

Hey Chad,
I can't make this one. I need to stay close to home for the next couple of months. My wife is expecting our second child (Little boy this time!)

Have fun guys!

chr2002ca
07-26-2010, 11:07 AM
For the folks that are showing up early(4:30ish) to beat traffic and run the early session(s), if you want to meet up and grab some food and kill some time until it starts at 5:45pm, the only place I could find that's near the track is a 'Jack in the Box' that's right off the 60 on the Rubidoux Blvd exit. That's the same exit people coming in from the coast would be taking to get to the Motorpark and it's only a few minutes away from the park itself. That's the best I could find. This area is remarkably void of any restaurants and with the thick traffic in that area I don't think any of us would want to journey too far out of the way. Jack's new deli-style sandwiches are pretty good though. :)

Chad-1stGen
07-26-2010, 11:47 AM
@ Chris. I'm down to meet at Jack in the Box

@ Jon. Sorry to hear you can't make it. Next time! I want to see you sling that orange beast around the track.

@ Doug. I laughed my ass off when I read your comment about practicing for a year. I wish!!

I texted Rob and I think he will be there in his Ford F-50 ha ha

rrunner68
07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Okay guys, I will be at:
33.387055,-117.173567

on Google maps at 3:20 +/- 5 mins tomorrow.

text me if you need me

8 five 8 - 4 seven 2 - 9 one 5 four

chr2002ca
07-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey Dan. I just PM'd you. We'll see you at that location around 3:30pm. Look forward to joining up with you. :cheers:

TCI Engineering
07-26-2010, 02:41 PM
MMMMMMMMMMM Jack-in-the-Box

I'll be bringing my point and shoot Camera so I'll try and get some shots before it gets to dark.

-J

DFRESH
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Jack in the Box---:spank2:

Good news Stig and Jon--Dinner is definetly on me if you guys join us now.

See you boys there around that time---going to leave around 3:00 from my place. Bringing an extra helmet incase somebody needs one. My car is open for rides TCI guy---tell Sal he is missin out.

Doug

DFRESH
07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Okay guys, I will be at:
33.387055,-117.173567

on Google maps at 3:20 +/- 5 mins tomorrow.

text me if you need me

8 five 8 - 4 seven 2 - 9 one 5 four

LOL--Dan, are you an engineer or do you work for Google maps?

rrunner68
07-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I is super smart en stuf

chr2002ca
07-26-2010, 06:01 PM
LOL--Dan, are you an engineer or do you work for Google maps?

I actually thought that was pretty cool. I didn't know you could do that. A great way to say EXACTLY where you'll be, like within a few yards.

If Jack-in-the-Box food hurts anyone's little tummie-tum-tum :barf:, just pack some apple juice and a turkey avocado sandwich with the crust removed into your Hannah Montana lunch box and bring it with you. :bananna2:

DFRESH
07-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I have a "Clone Wars" box, and it'll be PP&J.

LM7_67
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
not going to be able to make it guys. my place to crash fell through, and now that I think about it, driving across the desert in 105* in a car with no a/c doesn't sound like the best idea

I'll definitely catch one of these once it cools down though

TCI Engineering
07-27-2010, 07:08 AM
My car is open for rides TCI guy---tell Sal he is missin out.

Doug

Giggity!!! Thanks Doug!

-J

69sponge
07-27-2010, 07:12 AM
The so called orange beast will be in attendance......

Paul

406 Q-ship
07-27-2010, 08:39 AM
I have to beg off this one, but I will be there for the next one. Don't you just hate when you have a prior comittment and then something racing comes up......damn.

Nessumsar
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
I cant make it tonight guys. Timing just isn't the best right now. I am down to go some other time though.

Some one eat some Curly Fries for me!

rrunner68
07-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Looks like decent weather, cars should run good.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/92502#

6'9"Witha69
07-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Riverside------is anyone going to be packin? :machine:

Doug
It isn't referred to as Riversippi fer nuttin'!

-The Stig-
07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Ok, I'm good to go!

Let's do this chums!

TCI Engineering
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
I just got a call from a good customer of ours that will be making it out tonight. Some of you may remember his old white Nova called "The Flying Brick" but he's a crazy old guy named Don Chemello. He also used to race in the PSCA with another Nova called "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride". He has never autocrossed before and his car isn't really set up for it but he is coming to have a good time anyway.

Here is a camera phone shot of the car he is bringing.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/ATT43908-1.jpg

69sponge
07-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Dose Don own a cylinder head shop..

Paul

TCI Engineering
07-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Dose Don own a cylinder head shop..

Paul

A long time ago.........so you're probably thinking of the right guy. :cheers:

Here is a shot I found of his old drag car.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/0305sc_10zChevrolet_Nova_DragsterFr-1.jpg

DriverzInc
07-27-2010, 08:27 PM
How did it go?

DFRESH
07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Jon, whoever told you the track wasn't worth going to was way wrong---you will have a blast out there--even in my non-posi one legged jihad car, I managed to hit 60 on the straight section--it's got some good sweepers--the best time I have had at the track--for 20 bucks it was amazing. The people running the place are fantastic--very good people---we had an amazing time--I will go back as soon as possible. You guys that are close or even a couple hours away wont be dissapointed. We had, I believe, 10 cars from this site show up and Evan and Jason from TCI. This track has "rent me" all over it, or at least a "once a month" attendence for sure. Props to Chad for getting this going---it was an amazing evening--so much funner than the little auto-x at the GG---geez, it even has a banked turn--and I mean banked---more fun than I was imagining. YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAA.

P.S. Dan with the Mopar was the schnizzle fo shizzle---Chad was right on his 6. Chris, Matt, Stig, Paul, Brent were all running great times. Evan took video while in my car---maybe he will post it up--both my rear shocks were out of fluid by the time I got there--LOL--it was heinous---I had to make at least the first session though--and took it around the track three different times (4 laps each session---talk about wheel hop--). Hope more of you will get to join in on this action---so much fun hangin with the PT group--great group of people.

Doug

slow4dr
07-27-2010, 09:18 PM
I had a blast even though I was just spectating. Hopefully Sal will actually bring the Camaro out or at least let Evan take it. It was nice meeting some of you guys and I can't wait for the next one.

I have a few good photos and a bunch of crappy ones. The camera did not like the low light once the sun went down so most of them are from the first session. I'll upload in the morning and post them from work.

-J

-The Stig-
07-27-2010, 09:30 PM
So much fun... Its a shame my car has the wrong tire on it. I'm sure on a lighter car they'd hook better, but underneath 4000lbs of Pontiac the get over loaded easily causing limited grip.

Oh well, still was stupid fun. Best $40 I've spent in a while. GG is what, $45-60 and maybe 6 runs (Costa mesa). $40 here and we got 6 runs.. They run that operation pretty smoothly.

Although I noticed I was boiling the power steering fluid towards the end of the runs... Steering got realllly vague and heavy. Poor Pontiac just can't be pushed hard... Lessons to take with me as I build up the Camaro... It -will- have a powersteering fluid cooler. Haha

Good seeing everybody again...

79-TA
07-27-2010, 10:34 PM
^ Don't forget Matt, in each of those "6 runs" you got 3 laps. 50-ish second laps at that. It's easily a way better value than the Goodguys events in terms of track time.

Matt@BOS
07-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Man, that was great! You really can't beat it, especially for $20 a session. You might only get 3 timed laps but with the warm up and cool down its more like 9 laps, which is pretty decent. Plus you can easily run two sessions, which is about 18 runs for $40. Also, whoever said we should rent the track out is on to something.

I also learned a few things today. First, hard work and lots of planning pay off. I sabotaged Doug's coilovers back in Pleasonton and I was finally able to run a better time than him today. SWEET!

Second, Dan was the man out there tonight. If he had R comps he might have been able to hang with the fastest Miatas out there.

Third, brake pad knockback really sucks. I forgot to pump up my brakes on my last timed lap and put the front two wheels straight into the dirt. I think I Need a different master cylinder, a full floater, or a different driver.

Lastly, I think the Stig should taxi people around. We could call The G8 the Time Attack Tuesday Taxi. You have to admit, it's got a certain ring to it.

Matt

p.s. I left my backpack full of tools at the track, so I have to head back at some point. You boys still thinking of going August 10th?

-The Stig-
07-28-2010, 12:29 AM
I seem to go better with a passenger.. Haha, not sure what that's about. Maybe I feel more relaxed? Lol.. Dunno, but it's fun to hear the passengers get all happy if the rear steps out... What's that about, I don't get all 'yippie' when driving and it gets all goofy...but if I'm passenger and it slides I'm like "yeaaaahh" ... I must be too busy driving to enjoy it.. Lol. Must be for them as well?

-The Stig-
07-28-2010, 01:36 AM
... Sitting at work ... I could do that stuff all night. Haha. I wanna do it again. But in the Fbody. That'd be much better, especially since it'll be like 800lbs lighter. And making a little more power. Weee!

rrunner68
07-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Yeah that was definately a good time. If they start doing two timed runs per go like they said, it would be cool. They definately had some quick little cars out there, we're lucky none ended up in our intakes. I had a good time goofing around with everyone, and making french fry race tracks. I'll do the homework for SCCA stuff and put it up in another post when I"m not so busy here at work. I'm freaking tired...but it was worth it.

chr2002ca
07-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Yep, that was definitely a hoot. The track has a fun setup considering it's really a go-cart track, the people there are very polite, and the event was well run. It was cool teaming up with Matt and Dan for the drive up there also, and meeting Paul in the Orange Crush also. It was a bummer Doug blew out his other shock on the way up there, but he was still sporting enough to give it a go considering his tires were bouncing horribly around each corner. I think heading up early and grabbing an early dinner was definitely a good idea. Great fun for $23. And I was able to drive home! No AAA! Yeh!

How many runs were you guys able to get in on the second session?

Here are some video clips I took of Chad, the Stig, Dan, Paul, and Matt on the 2nd session as it was starting to get dark:

DpmzqRMrUVU

WfpOQdzxZX4

Here are the sorted times from the 1st 3 runs. If someone has the times from the runs in the 2nd session, feel free to post them.

Run 1 -
Chris 50.59
Chad 51.02
The Stig 51.04
Dan 51.28
Paul 51.51
Matt 51.55
Doug 56.57 (2 blown rear shocks)

Run 2 -
Dan 48.72 (rediculous) :)
Chad 49.70
Chris 50.31
The Stig 50.52
Paul 50.57 (solid!)
Matt 51.78
Doug 54.85

Run 3 -
Dan 49.22
Chris 50.10
Matt 50.59 (great improvement)
Chad 50.70
Paul 50.88
The Stig 51.26
Doug 52.20 (With 2 blown shocks? HTF?)

Someone wearing a TCI shirt(was it Jason?) was taking some cool action shots with his camera. If you know his contact info, see if you can get him to post some pics.

Chad, thanks a bunch for letting us know about this event!

Vegas69
07-28-2010, 07:33 AM
You guys let a Roadrunner take you out?

6'9"Witha69
07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Meep!! Meep!! :P

TCI Engineering
07-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks for posting the first session numbers Chris. I am uploading my pics now....all 56 of them. :spank2:

I'll add in Don's numbers from the '32 Ford as well.

1st session
Run #1 = 56.22

Run #2 = 54.43

Run #3 = 53.63

He was improving each pass so we didn't make any adjustments to the car at all.

Here is everyone's 2nd session.

Run #1
Don = 52.20
Chad = 49.97
Dan = 48.84
Stig = 50.92
Paul = 51.19
Matt = 50.88

Run #2
Don = *spun*
Chad = 51.02
Dan = no-time *traffic*
Stig = 52.12
Paul = no-time *traffic*
Matt = no-time *traffic*

Run #3
Don = 53.04
Chad = 51.13
Dan = 49.33
Stig = 51.32
Paul = DNF
Matt = 53.86

-Jason

rrunner68
07-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Edit: Oops!

406 Q-ship
07-28-2010, 07:52 AM
When are you going again??? I want to be able to put in a request to leave work early so I can go, I need at least a week of notice. I hate missing any chance to beat the Malibu.

rrunner68
07-28-2010, 07:55 AM
2nd Session:

1st go....
Chad: 49.97
Dan: 48.84
Stig: 50.92
Paul: 51.19
Matt: 50.88

2nd go.....(Stupid roadster)
Chad: 51.02
Dan: TRAFFIC
Stig: 52.12
Paul: TRAFFIC
Matt: TRAFFIC

3rd go....
Chad: 51.13
Dan: 49.33
Stig: 51.32
Paul: DNF
Matt: DNF

:postpics:

Chad-1stGen
07-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Chris.

Thanks a bunch for the video! You even managed to get one of my two sub 50 times.. yeeehaaa!!! I love how you can hear Doug in the background calling out peoples times and getting accurate too!

Now I don't have to post the crappy cell phone video I took so we'd have at least something to report back with.

Last night was a blast. A big Thank You to those of you that came out to the lil ol cart track to have some fun. I was pretty skeptical of the place myself but its actually a lot of fun and with fellow pro-touring friends it was 10x better!

I was talking with Rob McGregor last night and he's talked with some of the workers before and mentioned trying to get some more pro-touring types to join him and they've exhibited the typical attitude of "those cars can't handle!" Well I think we made a bad ass showing! Dan was probably top 5 fastest car there that night!

What is a "Chicago Box?"

a. area on street or track under fire from gangsters with machine guns
b. area on street or track which requires you to slow down enough to grab a dime bag out the car window
c. area on street or track that looks like this...

Note all three answers above were given in response to this question. The curly fries describe "the Stig's" anticipated path through the Chicago Box.

Ok lets make this a once a month thing in the summer. Who is down for August. I can make August 10th though I'm not sure if that is too soon for peeps that went tonight or not. I probably can't do the last Tuesday in August.

Thanks again guys. I also got to meet Evan from TCI but missed meeting Jason I think it was. Thanks for coming out.

chr2002ca
07-28-2010, 08:08 AM
You guys let a Roadrunner take you out?

YES! We got a Todd comment! :spank2:

We wish you could have been there to join in the fun Todd. Dan does SCCA racing and has his car really dialed in now, plus he's a great driver. He mentioned he came very close to catching Mary at a recent AutoX, so that gives you an idea of how fast he's getting. He said the car is at 3600lbs now which is still 'heavy' but is actually lighter than my car. It's great to see that RoadRunner surprising the hell out of everyone, including the announcer on the video clip. Throw in the fact that it's his daily driver now, 80 miles a day, and it's really impressive.

Chad-1stGen
07-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Also to back up Dan's kick ass driving there is a miata driven by a guy named Alex there. He is apparently a local favorite and is knocking on the door of beating the fastest track time there for a rear wheel drive. He ran a 47.16 in his one time lap that night so Dan is putting on a good show especially for his first time there.

Nessumsar
07-28-2010, 08:16 AM
<--- Jealous...

Wish I could have made it out there... I can put in to get off early on Aug. 10 if that looks to be a pretty solid date.

Good job on the times boys! What was the fastest time of the night?

TCI Engineering
07-28-2010, 08:16 AM
If you guys want the hi-res version of any of these just shoot me a pm with your e-mail addy and I'll send it over. Paul, that one of yours in the left hander coming at me is definitely my favorite. The little point & shoot didn't do too bad while it was light out but after it started getting dark it failed miserably.

Everyone lined up for the 1st session

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4433-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4467-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4468-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4435-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4436-1.jpg

Lined up for the 2nd session

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4494-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4499-1.jpg

Parade lap

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4437-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4438-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4439-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4440-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4443-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4444-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4445-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4446-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4447-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4448-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4449-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4450-1.jpg

TCI Engineering
07-28-2010, 08:17 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4451-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4452-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4453-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4454-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4455-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4456-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4457-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4458-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4459-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4460-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4461-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4462-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4463-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4464-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4465-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4466-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4469-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4470-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4472-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4473-1.jpg

TCI Engineering
07-28-2010, 08:18 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4474-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4475-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4477-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4478-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4479-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4480-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4481-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4482-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4483-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4485-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4486-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4487-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4488-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4491-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4492-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4493-1.jpg

chr2002ca
07-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Awesome Jason! A huge thanks for taking the time to capture all those photos and post them here. It was great meeting you there also. :cheers:

TCI Engineering
07-28-2010, 08:34 AM
I was talking with Rob McGregor last night and he's talked with some of the workers before and mentioned trying to get some more pro-touring types to join him and they've exhibited the typical attitude of "those cars can't handle!" Well I think we made a bad ass showing! Dan was probably top 5 fastest car there that night!

Rob has been trying to get us out there for months now. I am sold that's for sure.

Rob was kicking ass in his truck

1st session

Run 1 = 49.25
Run 2 = DNF
Run 3 = 50.84

2nd session

Run 1 = 52.04
Run 2 = 50.44
Run 3 = 50.74

I asked the track guy what the fastest time was on this track layout and he said 53.20 from an EVO 10.

-Jason

TCI Engineering
07-28-2010, 08:38 AM
I agree though I think you guys opened some eyes last night.

-Jason

Chad-1stGen
07-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Evans,

Thanks for all the awesome pics!!!!! I agree that shot of Paul coming around the left hander is sweeeeeet.

Now I'm thinking about trying to get in on the Buttonwillow track day this weekend ha ha

Chad-1stGen
07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4453-1.jpg

Hmmmm wonder if I should run a wee bit more air pressure in the front tires lol

chr2002ca
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM

Doug and I have similar photos. :)

Nessumsar
07-28-2010, 01:17 PM

Maybe some more camber/caster?

Chad-1stGen
07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
That is with 5.5* of caster and 2-3*of negative camber and AFX spindles

Nessumsar
07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Wowza, how much pressure did you have in those bad boys?

-The Stig-
07-28-2010, 02:55 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4486-1.jpg
Holy Suspension Articulation Batman!

If that isn't a "Stick, you Bitch!!!!" moment then I dunno what is.

Body roll FTL.... :(

The G8 needs to sit lower and be a bit stiffer sprung, and some Patrick Swayze bars to help with that bodyroll.

... and sticky tires. lol

chr2002ca
07-28-2010, 03:07 PM
The G8 needs to sit lower and be a bit stiffer sprung, and some Patrick Swayze bars to help with that bodyroll.

Why sit lower when you can sit nice and high like me? It totally helps me with the cones because I can just go right over them. No need to do fancy stuff like accurate turning. It also makes it easier to clean all the various fluids off the bottom of the car when I get home too. :thankyou:

Actually, hanging out with Doug's and Matt's rides will make anybody's Camaro look high. I'd like to shave about 3/4" off the rear ride height of mine, but I'd have to get my rear wheels re-hooped to do that. I'll save that for when I also add the XXXX, and the YYYY, and the, oh wait, I'm dead broke.

406 Q-ship
07-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Yes Chad you need more air pressure front and rear.

Matt there doesn't seem to anything that wouldn't help.........That is one of those YIKES moments. I don't think my Chevelle lifted that bad when it had stock springs, swaybars, and the Sears shocks.

Nessumsar
07-28-2010, 03:47 PM

Let's get our "Redneck" on and cut them rear coils, then slap some Patricks on there!:idea:

She'll be good-to-go!:2nd:

-The Stig-
07-28-2010, 04:32 PM
... yeah, bodyroll or not... I apex'd the hell outta that corner.

79-TA
07-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for posting the first session numbers Chris. I am uploading my pics now....all 56 of them. :spank2:

I'll add in Don's numbers from the '32 Ford as well.

1st session
Run #1 = 56.22

Run #2 = 54.43

Run #3 = 53.63

He was improving each pass so we didn't make any adjustments to the car at all.

Here is everyone's 2nd session.

Run #1
Don = 52.20
Chad = 49.97
Dan = 48.84
Stig = 50.92
Paul = 51.19
Matt = 50.88

Run #2
Don = *spun*
Chad = 51.02
Dan = no-time *traffic*
Stig = 52.12
Paul = no-time *traffic*
Matt = no-time *traffic*

Run #3
Don = 53.04
Chad = 51.13
Dan = 49.33
Stig = 51.32
Paul = DNF
Matt = 53.86

-Jason

I existed too. I ran my daily driver fox body, so I was less visible.

updated version:

2nd session:

Run #1
Don = 52.20
Chad = 49.97
Dan = 48.84
Stig = 50.92
Paul = 51.19
Matt = 50.88
Brett = 55.58

Run #2
Don = *spun*
Chad = 51.02
Dan = no-time *traffic*
Stig = 52.12
Paul = no-time *traffic*
Matt = no-time *traffic*
Brett = 54.06

Run #3
Don = 53.04
Chad = 51.13
Dan = 49.33
Stig = 51.32
Paul = DNF
Matt = 53.86
Brett = 53.38

I'm down for going again on the 10th. We need Jon there to represent the lowbuck pro-touring crowd.

We need to get Mary Pozzi down here once she's sorted her car a bit. Taking the overall track record would be a pretty great statement for the potential of updated muscle cars.

slow4dr
07-28-2010, 06:35 PM
I existed too. I ran my daily driver fox body, so I was less visible.

updated version:

2nd session:

Run #1
Don = 52.20
Chad = 49.97
Dan = 48.84
Stig = 50.92
Paul = 51.19
Matt = 50.88
Brett = 55.58

Run #2
Don = *spun*
Chad = 51.02
Dan = no-time *traffic*
Stig = 52.12
Paul = no-time *traffic*
Matt = no-time *traffic*
Brett = 54.06

Run #3
Don = 53.04
Chad = 51.13
Dan = 49.33
Stig = 51.32
Paul = DNF
Matt = 53.86
Brett = 53.38

I'm down for going again on the 10th. We need Jon there to represent the lowbuck pro-touring crowd.

We need to get Mary Pozzi down here once she's sorted her car a bit. Taking the overall track record would be a pretty great statement for the potential of updated muscle cars.

HAHA, Sorry Brett!!

I have great faith in Mary but I doubt she'd knock 5 seconds off of Dan's time to take the track record. Would be very cool to see her lay down some mid 40's though.

After Sal saw the pictures all he could talk about was getting the Camaro back together to take it out there. It's not like the car is completely taken apart right now so I think after Louisville he will put some attention towards going. :fingersx: Of course him and Evan won't lap it as well as Mary could but they can hold their own for a couple of drag racers.

DFRESH
07-28-2010, 07:14 PM
If you guys are on Facebook, go to "Adams Motorsports Park". They have a page---and there are quite a few videos of all of us last night--good stuff--just watched them all. Man, I love that place---what a great discovery.

Doug

DFRESH
07-28-2010, 07:54 PM
... yeah, bodyroll or not... I apex'd the hell outta that corner.

Damn right--and sounded cool at the same time.

rrunner68
07-28-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm inclined to think that the RWD Record is held by a Maita with monster slicks and before they put in the chicane at the end of the long strait. We'll have to ask.

69sponge
07-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Excellent night gentelmen,well untill those tires jumped in front of me.Dan sorry for screwing up your hot lap.Im in for the next date that will work for everyone..Jason thanks for the great shots of all the boys rides.If i could get the hi res pictures i would be appreciate it.

DFRESH
07-28-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm inclined to think that the RWD Record is held by a Maita with monster slicks and before they put in the chicane at the end of the long strait. We'll have to ask.

Yes---I bet you are right Dan---with those tires removed the times would have been much faster. Can't believe how tight that paticular part was---Rob certainly showed those tires who was boss---LOL.

Doug

79-TA
07-28-2010, 09:27 PM
HAHA, Sorry Brett!!

I have great faith in Mary but I doubt she'd knock 5 seconds off of Dan's time to take the track record. Would be very cool to see her lay down some mid 40's though.

After Sal saw the pictures all he could talk about was getting the Camaro back together to take it out there. It's not like the car is completely taken apart right now so I think after Louisville he will put some attention towards going. :fingersx: Of course him and Evan won't lap it as well as Mary could but they can hold their own for a couple of drag racers.

Oh dang, I had no idea that the record was so quick. I just assumed it was a high 46 since the guy running 47.1's was supposedly near the track record.

We'll have to get more details on it to see if it's rwd, overall, and with the chicane at the end.

79-TA
07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
If you guys are on Facebook, go to "Adams Motorsports Park". They have a page---and there are quite a few videos of all of us last night--good stuff--just watched them all. Man, I love that place---what a great discovery.

Doug

Link? I tried searching it and I didn't find any pics or videos.

DFRESH
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000283476292&ref=ts

79-TA
07-28-2010, 09:46 PM
hehe, I found it through you on facebook. Thanks or the link!

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Excellent night gentelmen,well untill those tires jumped in front of me.Dan sorry for screwing up your hot lap.Im in for the next date that will work for everyone..Jason thanks for the great shots of all the boys rides.If i could get the hi res pictures i would be appreciate it.

Just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send them over today.

Oh dang, I had no idea that the record was so quick. I just assumed it was a high 46 since the guy running 47.1's was supposedly near the track record.

We'll have to get more details on it to see if it's rwd, overall, and with the chicane at the end.

It was a pro driver behind the wheel of an EVO 10 that ran the 43.20 with the track in it's current configuration. I didn't ask him what the RWD record was.

-J

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
I just got off the phone with the lady from Adam's about renting the track. It costs $3000 for just the facility rental and you have the option of either 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM or 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Liability insurance is separate. We have to provide flaggers, announcer, score keepers, stagers, etc etc.

I am doing a little brainstorming so let me know what ideas you guys have.

Do the 8:00 - 5:00 schedule.

Parade lap early and then practice runs from 8:00-11:30 AM.

Run the cars just like they did on Tuesday, 4 cars on the track at a time and do 3 laps. The only thing I would change from Tuesday is I would let everyone run hard on each of the 3 laps instead of a warm up/cool down. If we had a 50 car limit each car should get at least 9 laps based on the time it took them to run 56 cars on Tuesday(3 hours).

Take a small break for lunch, track cleaning, staging etc.

I am not sure how we should break down the classes but we can start running timed laps at noon. We should keep the amount of cars on the track at one time to two during the timed portion. That should keep the threat of having to run a car again due to a runoff to a minimum. What do you guys think of two timed laps instead of one? You pull out of the pits, get on the throttle and you have two solid turns to start heating the tires and brakes up, make two complete laps and then just cruise around that back stretch. Running two laps instead of three should help offset some of the time lost by only running 2 cars at a time.

I'm thinking by the end of the day everyone will have been on the track at least 4 times and made 11 or more laps.

Is $100 per car out of line? I hope that would cover the insurance and rental. We would probably have to limit how many spectators are allowed due to the facilities size, maybe presale a certain quantity of tickets?

I'm going to make this happen guys so give me some input.

-Jason

406 Q-ship
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I just got off the phone with the lady from Adam's about renting the track. It costs $3000 for just the facility rental and you have the option of either 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM or 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Liability insurance is separate. We have to provide flaggers, announcer, score keepers, stagers, etc etc.

I am doing a little brainstorming so let me know what ideas you guys have.

Do the 8:00 - 5:00 schedule.

Parade lap early and then practice runs from 8:00-11:30 AM.

Run the cars just like they did on Tuesday, 4 cars on the track at a time and do 3 laps. The only thing I would change from Tuesday is I would let everyone run hard on each of the 3 laps instead of a warm up/cool down. If we had a 50 car limit each car should get at least 9 laps based on the time it took them to run 56 cars on Tuesday(3 hours).

Take a small break for lunch, track cleaning, staging etc.

I am not sure how we should break down the classes but we can start running timed laps at noon. We should keep the amount of cars on the track at one time to two during the timed portion. That should keep the threat of having to run a car again due to a runoff to a minimum. What do you guys think of two timed laps instead of one? You pull out of the pits, get on the throttle and you have two solid turns to start heating the tires and brakes up, make two complete laps and then just cruise around that back stretch. Running two laps instead of three should help offset some of the time lost by only running 2 cars at a time.

I'm thinking by the end of the day everyone will have been on the track at least 4 times and made 11 or more laps.

Is $100 per car out of line? I hope that would cover the insurance and rental. We would probably have to limit how many spectators are allowed due to the facilities size, maybe presale a certain quantity of tickets?

I'm going to make this happen guys so give me some input.

-Jason

Jason, I like where you are going with this but I think the biggest issue you might find is the cost and ability to get liability ins. I would look into that part cause it could be a big sticking point....I hope not.

You could do like SCCA Autocross for the workers, you run you work the track for another session. That way you have conscripted volunteers that cost nada.

What did the track say about EMTs or medical personal on site?

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Jason, I like where you are going with this but I think the biggest issue you might find is the cost and ability to get liability ins. I would look into that part cause it could be a big sticking point....I hope not.

You could do like SCCA Autocross for the workers, you run you work the track for another session. That way you have conscripted volunteers that cost nada.

What did the track say about EMTs or medical personal on site?

As soon as I get the e-mail from them I will look it over. She said it has some of those types of details on it so I didn't press her to far for detailed info. I hope that the liability insurance doesn't break the deal.

That is great idea about the driver's working the track while they aren't running. I'm sure we can get plenty of volunteers to help with other things like staging, announcing etc.

-Jason

6'9"Witha69
07-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I would love to hear Bill Howell as an announcer!

Nessumsar
07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
$100 for a day of racing sounds pretty decent to me. I think the work-to-race idea is great, in fact that is what the Corvair club is doing at the autocross on Sept 19th. Limits the number of "liable" people on the grounds as well (don't now if that helps bring the cost for insurance down?).

rrunner68
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I can help with some of the stuff for organizing. I think it would be a blast. I'd like to see what the exact details are, be cause if their timing equipment is set for carts with in car tranmitters, that would allow us to have even more fun. And I agree, 2 run groups, but split it so each group gets a morning runs and afternoon runs. With us setting the tone and pace for our own event, we can hustle people where they need to go. I'd almost say that we should break those groups down to 2 three car groups at a time, so that the cars get about 5 mns cool down between runs, vice the fire up/push shuffle deal we were doing with all 25 cars running at once.

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I would love to hear Bill Howell as an announcer!

X's 2

I know we could get Chad Reynolds from Bangshift to come out. He's the one that did the OC Goodguys autocross announcing.

$100 for a day of racing sounds pretty decent to me. I think the work-to-race idea is great, in fact that is what the Corvair club is doing at the autocross on Sept 19th. Limits the number of "liable" people on the grounds as well (don't now if that helps bring the cost for insurance down?).

I made a note so I'll make sure to ask when the time comes.

Yeah, I can help with some of the stuff for organizing. I think it would be a blast. I'd like to see what the exact details are, be cause if their timing equipment is set for carts with in car tranmitters, that would allow us to have even more fun. And I agree, 2 run groups, but split it so each group gets a morning runs and afternoon runs. With us setting the tone and pace for our own event, we can hustle people where they need to go. I'd almost say that we should break those groups down to 2 three car groups at a time, so that the cars get about 5 mns cool down between runs, vice the fire up/push shuffle deal we were doing with all 25 cars running at once.

In car transmitters would be epic, I made a note to ask them about that as well.

You're right in that I think we could hurry the process a little bit better than they did Tuesday night.

Just thinking outloud again....

Say we had 50 cars on the roster. Break those 50 cars into 5 run groups with 10 cars each. We could give each run group a specified amount of time to practice, say a half hour.

Do the driver's meeting and parade lap right at 8:00 and try and be done by 8:30.

8:30-9:00 Run Group #1
9:00-9:30 Run Group #2
9:30-10:00 Run Group #3
10:00-10:30 Run Group #4
10:30-11:00 Run Group #5

11:00-11:30 Take this time to let people who didn't get an even amount of runs in their group get back out there.

Take a small break to prepare the track, eat lunch, prep the cars whatever.

At Noon we can start the official timed laps. I think we should run each group in order as quick as possible to keep track and ambient temps close. That way the 1st run group and the 5th will be as close to each other as possible. Then we can do a second round of official timed laps once that one is finished.

We can run the cars all the way up until 5:00 and we have roughly 2 hours to clear out. That should leave enough time to have an awards ceremony.

-Jason

Nessumsar
07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
For the Parade Laps, are we thinking 5 people on the track for 2 sug-groups, or maybe 2 at a time for 5 sub-groups? That would either give 15 or 6 minute practice sessions for each driver.

Then for the timed laps, you could do the same layout, but longer stints since there would be almost twice as much time in the session?

I would think that guys gunning some stopwatches assigned to a particular car would work well too.

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 01:21 PM
For the Parade Laps, are we thinking 5 people on the track for 2 sug-groups, or maybe 2 at a time for 5 sub-groups? That would either give 15 or 6 minute practice sessions for each driver.

Then for the timed laps, you could do the same layout, but longer stints since there would be almost twice as much time in the session?

I would think that guys gunning some stopwatches assigned to a particular car would work well too.

The parade laps were just to get every driver on the course and somewhat familiar with the layout(much like walking the course).

For the practice runs what I was suggesting is each run group consisting of 10 cars gets a half hour to practice. 3-4 cars on the track at all times with say 2-3 laps at a time. You make your 2-3 laps and then pull back around into the pits. The down time between runs will only be a few minutes so you'll stay fresh. That should give each driver a good 10-15 practice laps.

The main reason why I wouldn't want to do it this way for the official timed runs is because run group #1 will be on a hot track at midday whereas group #5 will end up running at 4:00 or possibly later as the track and ambient temps will have cooled.

-Jason

Nessumsar
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
The parade laps were just to get every driver on the course and somewhat familiar with the layout(much like walking the course).

For the practice runs what I was suggesting is each run group consisting of 10 cars gets a half hour to practice. 3-4 cars on the track at all times with say 3-4 laps at a time. You make your 3-4 laps and then pull back around into the pits. The down time between runs will only be a few minutes so you'll stay fresh. That should give each driver a good 10-15 practice laps.

The main reason why I wouldn't want to do it this way for the official timed runs is because run group #1 will be on a hot track at midday whereas group #5 will end up running at 4:00 or possibly later as the track and ambient temps will have cooled.

-Jason

Ok, I smell what you're cooking.

DFRESH
07-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Jason, 100 bucks for a day of racing is great---passengers would be welcomed I assume? That is also a big selling point---50 cars sounds right for the count as well. If you could get the IN-N-Out truck to come, now we are talking-----

Doug

Nessumsar
07-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Jason, 100 bucks for a day of racing is great---passengers would be welcomed I assume? That is also a big selling point---50 cars sounds right for the count as well. If you could get the IN-N-Out truck to come, now we are talking-----

Doug

I second that motion!:idea:

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 01:47 PM

Doug

Good call on the In-N-Out truck.

I agree that passengers should be allowed. We should probably be selective on who is allowed in the pits(for safety reasons). Something like the wristbands they had on Tuesday but for crew members and media only.

I still haven't seen the e-mail, if I don't have anything by 4:00 I'll call again.

BTW: Sal just caught me typing away on here and he asked what I was up to. I told him and he had some cool things to say. I won't divuldge specifics just yet but this could shape up to be a great event. :fingersx:

-Jason

Nessumsar
07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
<-- Excited! :seizure:

79-TA
07-29-2010, 02:55 PM
So it's pretty awesome that the TCI guys are looking to set up a day long event.

Who's up for going again on the 10th?

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 03:04 PM
<-- Excited!

^^^yeah that

Especially if this happens in the Fall so we have time to finish Sal's Nova. :spank2:

-Jason

Nessumsar
07-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Uh oh, Another Nova to play with!

Now I just have to get a smaller Patrick Swayze to tame my understeer.

-The Stig-
07-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Man, a day at Adams would just kill my tires...

I'm all for it. :P

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Uh oh, Another Nova to play with!

Must... get... sway... bar... can... not... lose...

Nothing against the Camaros but we need some variety.

-Jason

DFRESH
07-29-2010, 03:22 PM

Nothing against the Camaros but we need some variety.

-Jason

LOL---I would have to agree with that as well--

Nessumsar
07-29-2010, 03:24 PM
What does Sal have done to his Nova?

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 03:34 PM
LOL---I would have to agree with that as well--

Hopefully we'll be 3 cars strong by the Fall. :spank2:

A little teaser......

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/101_4388-1.jpg

-The Stig-
07-29-2010, 03:35 PM

More than you can afford, Pal... Ferrari.... vrrrooom!

Sorry, couldn't help it... I'm sure all his bitchin bolt ons to make it Uber Fantasticle.

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 03:38 PM

It is basically just a shell right now. By the Fall it should have our Torque Arm and new P/T front suspension and a new driveline. :fingersx:

This picture was taken about two months ago. It is actually in worse shape now since the front and suspension that is in the picture is now a display for the shows.

-Jason

TCI Engineering
07-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Damn!! I guess I waited too long. All the people with answers @ Adam's have already gone home so I'll have to call back in the morning.

-Jason

Chad-1stGen
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
A big Thank You to the TCI guys for looking into the renta track possibilities!!!!!

I agree variety in cars would be great (coming from a Red Camaro owner ha ha ha).

I love Sal's Camaro, I just don't like him making me look bad :p

Matt@BOS
07-29-2010, 05:12 PM
A big Thank You to the TCI guys for looking into the renta track possibilities!!!!!

I agree variety in cars would be great (coming from a Red Camaro owner ha ha ha).

I love Sal's Camaro, I just don't like him making me look bad :p

I wouldn't worry about him making you look bad. I used to get your cars confused at first and thought you were really fast :)

Matt

DFRESH
07-29-2010, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't worry about him making you look bad. I used to get your cars confused at first and thought you were really fast :)

Matt

LOL man---that was brutal Matt---LOL.

Matt@BOS
07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah, you're right. Let me revise that statement, there are so many people whose cars are faster than me, sometimes it gets difficult to tell them all apart.

Matt

Chad-1stGen
07-29-2010, 11:01 PM
LOL man---that was brutal Matt---LOL.

Ok I see the revised statement but LMAO!! I clicked last page on the post read Doug quoting Matt's comment and laugh before I realize I'm the dude getting ripped on ha ha ha!

406 Q-ship
07-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Ok I see the revised statement but LMAO!! I clicked last page on the post read Doug quoting Matt's comment and laugh before I realize I'm the dude getting ripped on ha ha ha!

Roll with it Chad, it is when they stop baggin on you that you really need to worry.

TCI Engineering
07-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Paul, did you get my e-mail yesterday?

I thought about this a bunch last night and I think that two timed laps for both practice and the official timing will work better. This should help keep everything more fluid between the morning rounds and the afternoon. I wouldn't want anybody to be confused while out on the track as to how many laps they are taking and have an accident because of it. I also think it will be easier to make sure everyone gets an equal amount of laps.

So here is what I was thinking. There were two lines of cars in the staging area on Tuesday night. I would place the odd numbered cars in the left lane and the even numbered cars in the right in numerical order of course.

On the last lap though instead of waiting for the cars to go through the chicane and around the banked turn they can cut right across and back into line. There was another pit entrance that wasn't being used while we were there that I will take advantage of. *see the last part of the red line on my lame diagram*

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/adams1-1.jpg

This will allow us to keep cars 1-10 that are currently running and the next group of cars 11-20 scheduled to run separate in the pits. Once group one(cars 1-10) are done with their allotted half hour they will use the same track exit that was used on Tuesday where they can pull out and go back to their parking spots up top.

This should help keep everything flowing very well.

These are of course just HBI's(hair brained ideas) at this point but I am throwing them out there so you guys can add your input.

-Jason

Nessumsar
07-30-2010, 08:15 AM
I was not there when you guys went, but that seems like a good idea, and it should flow really well.

TCI Engineering
07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Also, I want the lap times to be relayed from the announcers booth via walkie to the pits in real time. That way you know what times you just ran before going back out on the track.

-Jason

DFRESH
07-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Great ideas Jason---sounds like it would work fantastic that way--would flow very well and keep things moving which is def important. Thanks for all your efforts bro!

Doug

Chad-1stGen
07-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Also, I want the lap times to be relayed from the announcers booth via walkie to the pits in real time. That way you know what times you just ran before going back out on the track.

-Jason

Best idea yet!

TCI Engineering
07-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Best idea yet!

I've never understood all the lap time secrecy, all the times will be displayed throughout the day. I also don't mind if people want to make adjustments to the cars, so long as it doesn't interfere with their run time. Which brings up a good topic. If we have 5 groups of 10 there won't be much if any time to make adjustments to the cars before having to go back out on the track. The last thing I want is someone making adjustments in the pits and then that same person complaining they didn't get enough runs in their alotted time. Not to mention that the cars will be put to the test pushing them that hard for nearly a whole half hour.

I used the 5 groups of 10 because it was easy math but I am starting to think that larger run groups might work a little better.

-Jason

69sponge
07-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Jason, i did get e-mail,thanks again.I think the early exit is a good idea.My only question is was there a paved section to cross over? I dont remember seeing one? On the back section I was so focused on the tires in the middle of the track i dont recall seeing one...

-The Stig-
07-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah, there's pavement there... it's just alternate route they can lay out for their course.

TCI Engineering
07-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Jason, i did get e-mail,thanks again.I think the early exit is a good idea.My only question is was there a paved section to cross over? I dont remember seeing one? On the back section I was so focused on the tires in the middle of the track i dont recall seeing one...

Here is the unedited version of the overhead map. I didn't notice it while I was there either.

-J

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/adams-1.jpg

TCI Engineering
07-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Damn ninja'd

Chad-1stGen
07-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Wowza, how much pressure did you have in those bad boys?

Finally got around to checking lol. 30 psi stone cold. about 33 psi warm.

406 Q-ship
07-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Finally got around to checking lol. 30 psi stone cold. about 33 psi warm.

I run 40 front and 38 rear cold.......you really need to bump them up. I run 35 for the street on all four.

-The Stig-
07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
I let a lot of air out, they were at 45 ... I let it out to just under 30, I think I put them at around 28.

Car seems to like 26-28psi with these tires, too high of a psi and they feel like they want to slide more... seems what the 'butt dyno' seems to read. Then again, I really don't care if it's sliding... that's fun stuff.

TCI Engineering
08-04-2010, 08:06 AM
The place was a ghost town last night. When the 6:00 session started there were 11 cars running.

Rob from No Limit had his heat gun out and we were able to log the tire and brake temps. Don loosened up the proportioning valve to get a little more pressure on the rear brakes. The weight distribution of his car is a very nice 48/52 so we figured it would respond well to this change. Sure enough, he went out and ran a new personal best of 51.67 and I think there is a high 50.XX left in it.

His rear axle started leaking so he is going yank it out and bring it down to us to examine. While it is out he is going to upgrade to a Tru-Track posi because he has destroyed the clutch type posi he has now. I think with some good tires(he's running 400 treadwear now) and some negative camber he should run even little better.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4513-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4510-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4507-1.jpg

rrunner68
08-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Cool. I think we all have a play-date scheduled for next week. Should be a hoot.

Chad-1stGen
08-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah I'm planning on the 11th. Sounds like last night woulda been great with not a lot of peeps out.

TCI Engineering
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I completely forgot to mention that they were timing both of the first two laps last night.

When I left at 6:45 Don had already ran 3 times(9 laps) and the first session was going to run until 7:30 instead of 7:00 this time. You could have gotten a bunch of runs for $20 last night in the first session.

Also, I talked to Mike(the main guy) about the track rental. I wasn't aware of this but apparently Mike is not employed by Adam's. He made a deal with them to hold these events and he has built a very good relationship with them. He gave me his card and we planned to talk more. I was very impressed with his demeanor and professionalism so there is no doubt I want him involved with our track rental.

-J

79-TA
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah I'm planning on the 11th. Sounds like last night woulda been great with not a lot of peeps out.

You mean 10th?

DFRESH
08-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Man--they better have those shocks done by then---

CarlC
08-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm out for the 11th. Hopefully the fall gig will work for me but the pattern is getting full.

Chad-1stGen
08-04-2010, 06:37 PM
You mean 10th?

Yeah typo!

DFRESH
08-04-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm out for the 11th. Hopefully the fall gig will work for me but the pattern is getting full.

I figured "Hollywood" would have said, "Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full".

Doug

Matt@BOS
08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I figured "Hollywood" would have said, "Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full".

Doug

Ok, I really didn't want to rip on you, but you're still not helping people to forget about the whole fudge pack thing that Chris commented on. Have you heard what Quentin Tarantino has said about Top Gun?

Link (has strong language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyN8VN4BSzM

Sorry, but as soon as you made that comment in this thread I just thought of that scene.

Matt

79-TA
08-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Ok, I really didn't want to rip on you, but you're still not helping people to forget about the whole fudge pack thing that Chris commented on. Have you heard what Quentin Tarantino has said about Top Gun?

Sorry, but as soon as you made that comment in this thread I just thought of that scene.

Matt

Please, please, please don't promote this assault on my favorite movie of all time. :(

Curse you, Tarantino!

Chad-1stGen
08-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Matt

I don't remember seeing that before. FUNNY!!!!

CarlC
08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Let me slip into something more comfortable, like my green driving(flying) suit, make believe I'm Maverick, and surprise my wife.

DFRESH
08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Let me slip into something more comfortable, like my green driving(flying) suit, make believe I'm Maverick, and surprise my wife.

LOL man---don't crash and burn

Ice Man.

CarlC
08-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I need a shower.

DFRESH
08-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Slider-------You stink----------

Start the Kenny Loggins music here---"Playin with the Boys"

Doug

79-TA
08-06-2010, 10:09 PM
^Clearly, it's time for some shirtless beach volleyball.

Matt@BOS
08-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I've been working on a solution to my pad knockback issues, hopefully I can test it on Tuesday. I'm thinking when I hit the brakes the car chasing me will fly right by.

zCTJmXrgsFg

Who is ready for Tuesday now?

Matt

CarlC
08-07-2010, 04:48 PM
OK, that's it. The fastest time of the group for each outing gets the coveted "Top Gun" trophy and shirt. The trophy should be some kind of cheesy plastic monstrosity, and the t-shirt a simple white Hanes that is two sizes smaller than the winner. Wearing the shirt is mandatory for the winners photo at the end of the event. Wetting down the shirt will buy you bonus points and the eternal admiration of your fellow internet PT.com clansmen.

-The Stig-
08-07-2010, 10:54 PM
This is all sorts of WIN.

rrunner68
08-08-2010, 07:08 AM
So...... I basically read that as:
"Dan, you had better be ready to look ridiculous Tuesday....."

I normally wear an extra large, and some one had better bring a ghetto blaster with this on it.

CarlC
08-08-2010, 08:52 AM
So...... I basically read that as:
"Dan, you had better be ready to look ridiculous Tuesday....."

I normally wear an extra large, and some one had better bring a ghetto blaster with this on it.

Or....

"The car is really slow. There must be something wrong with my muffler bearings."

mpozzi
08-08-2010, 09:15 AM
When is this event ... !!!!!

Mary Pozzi

Matt@BOS
08-08-2010, 09:33 AM

Mary Pozzi

It's every Tuesday, not sure if it goes on all year though.

And it looks like some of us are headed up this coming Tuesday August 10th. Do we have a rough head count for the 10th yet?

BTW, I'm thinking the second fastest person needs to be recognized as well, and should receive a white t-shirt that is two sizes too small, along with a fake "Goose" mustache. Both first and second in our group should be given a pair of aviators in recognition of their fast times. These glasses should act as weekly trophies and be handed down to the top two finishers each week/month/whatever.

Matt

79-TA
08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
I've been working on a solution to my pad knockback issues, hopefully I can test it on Tuesday. I'm thinking when I hit the brakes the car chasing me will fly right by.

zCTJmXrgsFg

Who is ready for Tuesday now?

Matt

Epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic
epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic!!!

Chad-1stGen
08-08-2010, 08:54 PM

Mary Pozzi

Like Matt said they do the time attack every Tuesday if that is what you are referring too. Us PT.com folks are trying to get out once a month and August's meeting is lined up for the 10th.

Right now for headcount I'm not sure.
I'm in.

Not Mary, maybe you are referring to the discussion by TCI of holding a private event there. That is still in preliminary planning stages.

CarlC
08-09-2010, 04:23 AM
The aviators and mustache are perfect additions.

I need to make one of these events!

Nessumsar
08-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Ok boys, who all is going to this shin-dig?

I'll be leaving from the HB at 5, still not sure if I'm going to drive the Nova or not...

6'9"Witha69
08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't know we can find a 2 sizes too small shirt for Matt.

I also amy be the only one who would look good in shirtless Volleyball.

Let me check.

OK, maybe not.

Chad-1stGen
08-09-2010, 10:15 AM
So for headcount we have?

Chad
Jon
who else?

TCI Engineering
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I will be there spectating again. The axle on Don's '32 is leaking so he probably won't make it.

-J

DFRESH
08-09-2010, 01:31 PM
My shocks won't be ready by tomorrow---I'm def in on the next one however.

Sidewinder missle to left ----to close for missles, I'm switching to guns.

Doug

rrunner68
08-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I'm a little tapped after Hot August Nights, I got a little carried away at Summit in Sparks, lol. So I think I'm out for this one.

Gitter Dun
08-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Matt

LMAO, never seen that, that is so fricken funny!!!

79-TA
08-09-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm going, and I believe the stig is as well.

RobNoLimit
08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey, I found it. ( the site) Funny, I can tune an EFI on a lap top, but I have trouble putting up pict anywhere. Hmmm. I'm in, pretty sure. I may have wounded the Bullit, but hopefully its an easy fix. msd probs.:cheers:

Matt@BOS
08-09-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm in for tomorrow, and will bring the Camaro as long as its new rear brakes are sorted out, if not I guess I'll take my Mustang.

Are we meeting at the track this time, or Jack in the Box so we can trace the proper driving line out with french fries?

Matt

79-TA
08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't know how you guys will meet. Jon and I will both be making a banzai run up there after we get off of work. I'm assuming I'll end up in the second run group again. Since I wounded my Mustang at the NASA event last weekend, I'll take my other wounded car, the Trans Am.

Matt@BOS
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Alright, I'll tell the lady at Adam's to save a place for you two in case it gets busy.

rrunner68
08-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Officially out. Getting on the freeway today the pedal end of my throttle cable popped out. Booo. At least I get a few more days off work!

Nessumsar
08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Bummer to hear about your throttle cable Dan.

I will be spectating/photographing this evening. Hopefully Brett and I can get down there quick enough so I can get some pictures of the first session.

Chad-1stGen
08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm going to try and leave long beach around 3:00pm (same as last time) so I will stop by the Jack in the Box if anyone wants to meet me there around 4:30ish.

Chad-1stGen
08-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Wow! We need to ensure we don't come on points night. This place is EMPTY tonight. 5 cars total so far for the first session. Gonna get some serious runs in if more don't show

Matt@BOS
08-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow! We need to ensure we don't come on points night. This place is EMPTY tonight. 5 cars total so far for the first session. Gonna get some serious runs in if more don't show

Oh god damnit. I wish I could have been there tonight. I was so psyched, I had my aviators and everything, I was even going to play the danger zone song, but those sneaky Russians shot me down while I was en route, taking me out of commission.

Matt

Chad-1stGen
08-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Well if it makes you feel better a lot more cars showed. Ended up with 23 on the track but we still got extra laps.

I'm missing you guys! I ran a 48.25 which might of put me in the running for the shirt!! That time was good for the 2nd fasted of the 23 cars in first session!! Booya

rrunner68
08-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Same layout as last time?

Chad-1stGen
08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Same layout as last time?

Track layout was exactly the same. They are timing both laps now so you get 6 timed laps a session instead of 3 like before. My times were all over the place though. Couple 50's, 49's and then wammo 48.25

Can't wait to see what pics/video some of the peeps there tonight might of captured.

EDIT:

The guy that beat my times was a silver Miata. He had several 47 and 46 second runs with a best of 46.84! That dude was flying!

I also took great satisfaction in beating a very nice looking Acura NSX's best time. He ran almost all 48 second laps but his best was a 48.72 :)

slow4dr
08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
It was nice to meet you Chad. There was a much larger variety of cars there tonight so you did the P/T community good by doing so well. Congrats! I saw a guy taking lots of pics of your car on the infield did he come by and talk to you?

I've got 30 or so new pics I'll have uploaded once I get to work in the morning. I got a sequential deal of that rwd civic spinning and going off track. I also got Rob spinning but I was zoomed in too far. Sorry to Brett and anybody else who ran the 2nd session the camera just plain don't like the dark.

-J

79-TA
08-10-2010, 10:24 PM
No worries, my car was laying down a smoke screen the whole time and wasn't particularily photogenic anyway . . . unless you want to lie and tell people that my car did not leak oil, but rather just had so much power it spun the tires around every part of the track.

Now to figure out this oil drip . . . it wasn't a problem at RTTC.

rrunner68
08-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Cool. Can't wait to get out there next month.

chr2002ca
08-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Chad, 48.25 is smokin! Nice. :cheers:

Can you remember doing anything differently or better on that particular lap?

TCI Engineering
08-11-2010, 07:17 AM
No worries, my car was laying down a smoke screen the whole time and wasn't particularily photogenic anyway . . . unless you want to lie and tell people that my car did not leak oil, but rather just had so much power it spun the tires around every part of the track.

Now to figure out this oil drip . . . it wasn't a problem at RTTC.

:cheers: It wouldn't start smoking until halfway into your lap but it did smell like tranny fluid.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4528-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4529-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4530-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4531-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4532-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4533-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4534-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4535-1.jpg

Rob got the ignition problem figured out so with a bunch of extra HP on tap he was stepping the back end out on every turn. I caught this one mid spin with no time to zoom out.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4536-1.jpg

The NSX came out and did a 360 on the first turn.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4538-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4539-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4540-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4542-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4545-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4546-1.jpg

TCI Engineering
08-11-2010, 07:18 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4547-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4549-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4551-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4553-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4554-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4555-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4556-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4557-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4559-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4560-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4561-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4562-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4564-1.jpg

Here is the RWD Civic sequence I was talking about.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4570-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4566-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4567-1.jpg

The next lap he got around the turn pretty clean.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4565-1.jpg

*notice the back tire*
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4569-1.jpg

6'9"Witha69
08-11-2010, 08:03 AM
*notice the back tire*
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/08/101_4569-1.jpg
He's got the 3 wheel motion YO!!

6'9"Witha69
08-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Who the F#$% let a Yaris out there!? Really?!